Sundown Audio

(2) Powerbass XTA-5000D on (2) DC LVL 5 18"s?????

The Big Chris

Lol ***= sound solution audio they are an online dealer for Sundown, incrminator audio, Powermaster, among other as well

Jacob is the owner of Sundown Audio

And I deffenatly(sp) agree with bangin caddy here....

Alright well thank you for that information. Ya I guess I am a little kid cause im trying to be smart with my money and I don't know to much information about sundown, etc.

I would Stay away From STETSOM!

CLIP HAPPY, And there Protection circutry (sp) Sucks Ass!

Stick To Powerbass... Thats you best bet lol

And its ZENON Built Cant go wrong with that!!!

And Stetsom you have to JERRY RIG there sh!t to get it to even work correctly!

And idk about you, but i SURE AS HELL dont want a JERRY Rigged Amp in the back of my ride lol!

Hm. First thing I heard bad about Stetsom. Idk im leading more towards the powerbass, good customer service, 5 year warranty, 500 amp fuses and 2 00g power inputs.

Thanks for all the help guys keep it coming.

Or you could pick up one of Jacob's Soundigital8k's...just a thought. But yeah, anywhere near full tilt for a good amount of time, 250a alt and 2 batts will do ya for about 4k, maybe 5.

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

Can anybody give me any advice and information they know about these amps. Also the following is what exactly I am doing for the system:

-2 DC LVL 5 18"s

-2 Amps 8-10k (or 1 8-10k amp)

-250 amp high output alternator

-2 kinetik 2400s

-Pioneer F90bt

-Mla Module

Anything else please let me know

Thanks,

Chris

Dont complain when ppl add on to wat they say to help you out, ill say it again though. more batteries. i have 2 2400s for a 3k system. and a 250 alt.

just a little heads up..i know you said "if 5k its too much for the DC Lvl 5's you could turn it down" but thats a little too much..i think i heard or read on his build log that "CHODE"(member) from here smelling the coil of his Lvl 5's of (2)RF T25001-bd with clean power lets say about 3k+ rms to each sub...but im just saying though!.

guys correct me if im wrong..

GL with everything and post a build log when ever you start building this!.

Just Go with the Powerbass

/THREAD!

Thats what I am leaning towards

Or you could pick up one of Jacob's Soundigital8k's...just a thought. But yeah, anywhere near full tilt for a good amount of time, 250a alt and 2 batts will do ya for about 4k, maybe 5.

Alright thanks

Dont complain when ppl add on to wat they say to help you out, ill say it again though. more batteries. i have 2 2400s for a 3k system. and a 250 alt.

Not complaining, please read through the post. The car is not gunna be driven. Once I get the amp I will see how far my volage meter goes and add as neccessary. I am not gunna buy everything and overkill it.

just a little heads up..i know you said "if 5k its too much for the DC Lvl 5's you could turn it down" but thats a little too much..i think i heard or read on his build log that "CHODE"(member) from here smelling the coil of his Lvl 5's of (2)RF T25001-5 bd with clean power lets say about 3k+ rms to each sub...but im just saying though!.

guys correct me if im wrong..

GL with everything and post a build log when ever you start building this!.

Alright il have to look into that. Thanks.

I would Stay away From STETSOM!

CLIP HAPPY, And there Protection circutry (sp) Sucks Ass!

Stick To Powerbass... Thats you best bet lol

And its ZENON Built Cant go wrong with that!!!

And Stetsom you have to JERRY RIG there sh!t to get it to even work correctly!

And idk about you, but i SURE AS HELL dont want a JERRY Rigged Amp in the back of my ride lol!

:S I gotta disagree here...

I've owned and repaired big Zenons and I now own 2 Stetsom 10kds

Clip happy? They have way, way higher rail voltage than any Zenon. They clip because people are mashing the gain up way too high. You could MAYBE get them into current phase clipping (argh can't think of the right term for it) because they don't have a HUGE amount of capacitance on the rails due to the enormous voltage... but I only see that being a big problem if you're running them at tiny impedance.

I'm yet to make mine protect (eeek modded protection circuit :S) but I'm told they're generally no worse than any other amp.

As for can't go wrong with Zenon, look at all the vertical mosfet amps with spring clips... snapping off output FETs and going kaboom left right and center... also issues with toroids rubbing through... or running 20 IRFP360LCs off a driver that was only ever made to run 16 IMO... every brand has issues, although I've never heard of a Stetsom having any of these ones. The new Zenons ones are pretty damn solid though, they've learnt their lessons by the looks of it...

The jerry rigging I have to concede. The strap/linking circuitry in my Stetsoms is a mess. You can see where someone's had a go at the PCB tracks with a screwdriver or something to make the linking work...

Meh. Either way, they're big solid amps that will wang the hell out of whatever you wire them up to :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

SounDigital 8000.1 over any of the above without question... Will do an easy 8k+ @ 1ohm and has a small footprint, plus no need for matching the amps gains or extra wiring.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived