recommendations for inexpensive components

1997 toyota tercel lol

Hmm, never worked on one. So I honestly couldnt tell you if it would fit but you could do a set of Q-Logic kick panels. There is a "group buy" going on for SMD members, so you might want to get on that. I would suggest spending the $150 you were going to spend on the rear fill and invest into a set of kick panels.

where would I install those in the doors..? and what do they do lol sorry as you can see Im very new to the forum

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel

kick panels go down by the floor and hold your speakers...... google them up... Mb quarts are great speakers... i forget what model they were but i ran there coaxels(150$ a pair) they were amazing...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

not to change your mind or anything, i would invest the more money and better components in your front end rather then your rear. MB quarts isnt horrible but since they left germany and became a maxxonic owned company they are night and day from what they once were. Hell even the RF powers imo are a better sounding set then them and im not really impressed with those. I feel youd get more for your dollar going the RF route then the MB quarts route

not to change your mind or anything, i would invest the more money and better components in your front end rather then your rear. MB quarts isnt horrible but since they left germany and became a maxxonic owned company they are night and day from what they once were. Hell even the RF powers imo are a better sounding set then them and im not really impressed with those. I feel youd get more for your dollar going the RF route then the MB quarts route

well what 4" components would you recommend...and I cant upgrade the speaker hole in the door because it its cut in metal

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Big 3

you cant cut a piece of MDF to mount the speaker to? just use the existing hole for the magnet? custom door panels? you could do rockford 4" T142 coaxels in the doors then do 6.5 components in the back and in some qlogic kick panels.... that would be a really good set up...

T142's

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

forgot your on a budget...

p142's

P165 compnents

i will agree MB quarts did go down in Q a little but are still good speakers... i personally wouldnt buy them anymore... diamond hertz and eclipse are my favs RF speakers are great too i have recently heard the punch components and they sounded great amp'd... those 6 speakers amp'd with those kicker 15s will be loud as f---

wer

Edited by Nic

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Well I have no proir experience of making shit like that lol I would love to learn how to do it though so if you have any good tutorials on making shit like custom door panels and shit feel free to link me please lol

but thanks for the suggestion I like those a lot better than the MBs

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Big 3

well what 4" components would you recommend...and I cant upgrade the speaker hole in the door because it its cut in metal

Dremel tool>metal

If you have a dremel, and a steady hand it takes MAYBE 15 minutes a door to cut a bigger hole. The main thing is to make sure you have clearance with the window down. Even if you are 1/2 inch short on clearance, you can buy/make a spacer.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET