anyone have any experience with these looking at new trucks to tow my car hauler and race car, and possibly the durango and im just wondering, how is the power and Fuel mileage on these in tow, cuz if its not great, i can always get on older 24v or 12v, or even the newer common rails and modify to my likings, but i like the idea of a warranty but dislike the idea of a generally stock truck.

So feed me ur opinions, o and please no cummins bashing.

o and another thing how about the new trannys are they still some what shitty?

Edited by Moore941

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

its got great power, when ever i tow i dont even feel Ive got anything back there.So far the most Ive towed with it was 8,000 lbs .The mileage kinda sucks at around 14, 15 miles to the gallon but thats due to the PDF filter the newer trucks are running and this is the Mega Cab. Getting the PDF delete Ive heard it would get you into the 16,18 miles to the gallon. The new trans works great its an automatic six speed witch you can even run in manual mode.

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

iight sweet deal, how much do they frown upon lifts for the warranty, im lookin at no more than 6" and 35's. and on average prolly be towing no more than 7000lbs but will need everyonce in a while to tow upwards of 12000lbs for the mud truck and fourwheelers.

1 Dc lvl5 18

iight sweet deal, how much do they frown upon lifts for the warranty, im lookin at no more than 6" and 35's. and on average prolly be towing no more than 7000lbs but will need everyonce in a while to tow upwards of 12000lbs for the mud truck and fourwheelers.

Mine was lifted from the dealer only a 4" so its all till covered, so i guees its all up to the dealer you buy it from

12000lbs i would get the 4.10's

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

uh! Kev... Aaron... where you guys at? you cats are the Cummins Buffs!

personally i drive a Duramax, but i do know the Cummins is a strong ass reliable engine FTW

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Haha what all you need to know man they are the best when it comes to reliable power Sorry Jeff I havent been on here much lately been working my ass off. They are great motors tons of power youll be able to tow a car hauler like there's nothing behind the truck the fuel millage isnt to bad im pondering buying another dodge before winter for another plow truck honestly you can go wrong with any cummins in my opinion I push and pull with mine and it loves the abuse. I havent had any problems with the transmissions in any of mine yet and they take a ton of abuse

Went and test drove yesterday took it out to dinner, and idk, im really thinking ill prolly buy another 5.9 common rail and build from that, the 6.7 had some balls but with the limitations on aftermarket and what not i wasnt really impressed. Prolly get and 05 or 06 and use that for the base platform lol i need something thats gonna move haha cuz all the cummins guys around me are running well under 14's at the drag strip and i damn sure cant be the slow guy in the group. lol

1 Dc lvl5 18

heres a link to a couple of the trucks in my area, that black cummins on rockstars i have personally seen run mid 12's on the 38's.

Cope customs

1 Dc lvl5 18

uh! Kev... Aaron... where you guys at? you cats are the Cummins Buffs!

personally i drive a Duramax, but i do know the Cummins is a strong ass reliable engine FTW

Sorry Guys..work is so busy and strong that I barely have to sleep any more.

heres a link to a couple of the trucks in my area, that black cummins on rockstars i have personally seen run mid 12's on the 38's.

Cope customs

That's all good and all that the truck can run 12's...but you need to ask yourself a couple of questions:

1) are you into aftermarket upgrades?

2) are you wanting to Tow with it or race it?

Doing upgrades to the motor is fine and dandy, but wanting to go fast, does not help with towing. Typically when doing speed upgrades, the EGT's tend to get HOT and FAST. For towing, you don't want the high EGT's. High EGT's for a 1/4 mile at a time are one thing, but it's a complete different world when you need your truck for towing and your EGT's are high for hours at a time.

Personally, I really like the 6.7 and if/when I get another truck, it will be the motor in my rig. I've been driving the 5.9 for many many years and it too is a fantastic motor. The issue with the 5.9 is that it has been through soo many revisions, that it's kind of towards the end of its lifespan. The 6.7 really was released as a replacement for the 5.9 and my guess is that you will start seeing the 5.9 production slowing down in the next 2-5 years.

kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD