Guest DC Power Rob

As much as I love my current Tundra, I really, really miss my '05 2500QC with the 5.9.. The ISB motors are bulletproof, get great gas mileage even when pulling, and are far, far less complicated than the other diesels to work on.. I pulled my 22ft bass boat from Arkansas to Salt Lake twice, and averaged 18-19mpg and consistently.. I routinely got 22-23 on the highway as well.. I had an Edge programmer in it, and a AFE intake but no exhaust or any other mods and it had PLENTY enough power.. The other big plus is the driveability of the truck itself, it has a MUCH tighter turning radius than the Fords and is just an easier truck to drive...

Dodge isn't necessarily my favorite *truck*, but the motor is good enough that I'd buy my second or third choic truck for the powerplant alone...

Went and test drove yesterday took it out to dinner, and idk, im really thinking ill prolly buy another 5.9 common rail and build from that, the 6.7 had some balls but with the limitations on aftermarket and what not i wasnt really impressed. Prolly get and 05 or 06 and use that for the base platform lol i need something thats gonna move haha cuz all the cummins guys around me are running well under 14's at the drag strip and i damn sure cant be the slow guy in the group. lol

Ive seen the 6.7 get up to 950hp with whats out there right now so if you need more then that your really going to build up somthing crazy.

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

im not a cummins fan but there very capable trucks, nice trucks too :) i got a friend that has one, its got a mbrp exhaust, k&n cai, and a smarty on it...that shit hauls and gets like 23 mpg!! you will be happy with it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

im not a cummins fan but there very capable trucks, nice trucks too :) i got a friend that has one, its got a mbrp exhaust, k&n cai, and a smarty on it...that shit hauls and gets like 23 mpg!! you will be happy with it

Now thats a good comment Logan oh im actually looking a F250 powerstroke right now for another plow truck this winter Ford does have some beefy ass suspension

Now thats a good comment Logan oh im actually looking a F250 powerstroke right now for another plow truck this winter Ford does have some beefy ass suspension

make sure you throw an sct livewire on there with tunes from innovative diesel :)

to the op, you said you were possibly looking at used ones...is the only reason ur not wanting new is because of the "lack of" aftermarket products?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

a few of my friends have had experrience w/ both the 6.7 and 5.9,5.9 is a more reliable engine

More details on what makes the 6.7 an unreliable engine? My expericance with it has been that the engine is pretty bullet proof, the emissions junk they stuck on this thing is another story, good thing you can bolt it on and off pretty eazly with a kit and tuner. One thing i know first hand is stock for stock the 5.9 isnt as strong and is missing the low end the 6.7 has, the VG turbo in it gives it a nice kick when you take off. Another plus with the 6.7 is if ever you want to sell it out of state it can go anywhere, the 5.9 cant. When i was first looking into the Cummins i was in california and there was alot of 5.9's i couldnt bring in, a little upside to all the emissions crap they put on these.

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

Sorry Guys..work is so busy and strong that I barely have to sleep any more.

That's all good and all that the truck can run 12's...but you need to ask yourself a couple of questions:

1) are you into aftermarket upgrades?

2) are you wanting to Tow with it or race it?

Doing upgrades to the motor is fine and dandy, but wanting to go fast, does not help with towing. Typically when doing speed upgrades, the EGT's tend to get HOT and FAST. For towing, you don't want the high EGT's. High EGT's for a 1/4 mile at a time are one thing, but it's a complete different world when you need your truck for towing and your EGT's are high for hours at a time.

Personally, I really like the 6.7 and if/when I get another truck, it will be the motor in my rig. I've been driving the 5.9 for many many years and it too is a fantastic motor. The issue with the 5.9 is that it has been through soo many revisions, that it's kind of towards the end of its lifespan. The 6.7 really was released as a replacement for the 5.9 and my guess is that you will start seeing the 5.9 production slowing down in the next 2-5 years.

kev

it will deff be a tow truck, and i know exactly what u mean with the higher EGT's, i was very rough on my 5.9, we were pushing upwards of 600hp out of a stock block and it took it like a champ. that truck still towed fine though. My only concern with the new 6.7's is the emission restrictions, i know i can do the DPF delete but if i have a new truck i still would like to work around the warranty with what i do and dont do to the truck. basically what im wanting to do is buy and build a capable trailer truck that can be used also for some sled pulls and beatin on it at the truck while being respectable.

to the op, you said you were possibly looking at used ones...is the only reason ur not wanting new is because of the "lack of" aftermarket products?

No i know that i can find or fabricate w.e. im looking to do, but if i buy a new truck how bad are my hand tied with the warranties also, no reason to buy a new truck to void the warranty right away ya know. but i also have heard to many good stories of towing MPG's with the 6.7's and aftermarket is the only way to fix that, but if the warranty binds me to not do anything.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png