Second Skin Audio

15s or 18s in Durango

Okay so i went in my durango and took some measurements to see what I could do..I'd like to save up for 2x 18s but wasnt sure if i had the room so i measured. Here's a pic of my back

sdc10030f.jpg

I can take out the compartments if i need more depth but as you can see the side panels limit a little

The measurements came out to be 3.71ft L x 3.67ft W x 1.21 ft up to the top of the middle seat, could go a little higher, it comes out to 16.474 cubic feet roughly, i measure in from the sides about 1/4 of an inch instead of giving it full just to make sure. I'm not sure how much room id need for a ported box for 18s but i want it tuned around 32-34hz. What you guys think? I want it to go low and i'm not sure if theres a difference 18 vs 15s. I'm lookin at lvl4 or lvl4xls in the comin month or two. I'm reading up on all the Qms, Qes etc because im not sure what each actually means.

Edited by DGold

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

thx ive been lookin that up n down but this would be my first box ive ever built and it may be more worthwhile to have someone else make it so i know it wont collapse after a day

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

I live near Philly if you need a box built. It would be the 4th Durango I would be working on.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I live near Philly if you need a box built. It would be the 4th Durango I would be working on.

That would be awesome, I know making it myself would end up with more pride in the work but i honestly dont have the time or money to buy everything i'd need so for now someone else making it who knows what they are doing would be awesome, its an 03 durango so not exactly the same as chodes but we could work it out, I jus dont kno i want low because ill only be giving about 1k rms to each sub because I dont have the money to buy a lot of electrical, just getting big 3 a new batt and potentially a bigger alt, id like to do that first but can only go with the budget. Was trying to look at the future so I could jus upgrade the amp and be done but money wise I may jus have to go with lvl4s but xls would be the goal. Maybe lvl 4 with lvl 5 coils. Maybe work somethin out to get a G put on the end of the DC logo so I could have my initials on them but Ill have to do that myself haha..this is all just preplanning, once i get my old car sold I'm getting the door components and amp for them, then its time for subs,box, amp but college takes up a shit ton of time. I'm working, but got to save for gas money during the winter cause no job then. Kinda rambled lol sorry for novel.

If all else fails..lol i guess ill go budget wise and get some type r 15s, which was the original goal. Have since spent too much time on here.

Edited by DGold

Old Setup

i have 2 18 inch level 5s in my Durangho...check my sig for the build

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i have 2 18 inch level 5s in my Durangho...check my sig for the build

Spent the last half hour or so going through the pages and reading, ive seen it all before but seeing what i missed..i've never heard a 150 so Im hopin my first one will be my own.

just noticed you use a Yoohoo can in one of your vids..i love that shit, buy it buy the case while at college

Edited by DGold

Old Setup

Spent the last half hour or so going through the pages and reading, ive seen it all before but seeing what i missed..i've never heard a 150 so Im hopin my first one will be my own.

just noticed you use a Yoohoo can in one of your vids..i love that shit, buy it buy the case while at college

i also have an uninterupted build log so you dont gotta see the chit chat. and FUCK YEA I LOVE YOOHOO

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

oh man, getting to hear ur first 150 is pretty sweet, i hope ur new system will deliver :hairtrick: .

i just got to hear my first 3 or 4 160s at world finals :D. still not enuff tho?... im crazy :crazy::shok: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg