Sonic Electronix

You know you're into SQ if....................

1. You spend an hour sitting in the car without starting the engine.

2. You hate those who can be heard a few blocks away, and remember that it's how you were when you first started in car audio

3. You have your sub so you can't really tell it's there unless you turn it off.

4. You get critical of poor recordings, although you LIKED the music before hand.

5. You spend 2 weeks tweaking your system only to end up exactly where you started.

6. When your RCAs have a similar sized spec list as your Zuki Audio amps.

7. When you're willing to sacrifice car performance for an audible gain no matter how small.

8. When you can have all the doors shut, and the car doesn't fall apart from bass but is perfectly smooth sounding!

9. You hate yourself for buying such a noisy car / engine / gearbox / exhaust.

10. When you turn the display off, internal amp off, don't use bass, treble or mid, refuse to play MP3, have CD cleaning wipes in the glove box, refuse to play someone else's mildly scuffed disc, go to bed worrying about the state of the speaker cables routed in the doors, travel lotsa miles to pick up an amp, scour e-bay for Zuki Audio, Sundown, US Amps, McIntosh and Nakamichi till four in the morning to the detriment of your work your family your relationship and your job.

11. You sell your car because its going to be hard to achieve an SQ system in it

12. When you look at a friend's new car you examine number, size and aiming speaker locations instead of asking what engine it has...

13. When you have a DD 3512 and a solid 2500D sitting in your bedroom because you love the SQ of your mids.

14. When you describe your system using words such as warm, transparent, shimmer, dry, liquid, natural, airiness, but no one else seems to understand.

15. When you bring out all your old Cd's that you haven't listened to in years to see how they sound and pick up bits you haven't heard before. Then also your dad's 80s stuff

16. You can hum pink noise.

17. Rip music from CD's at the "loss less" quality setting - it may well be 400mb per album, and I'll only fit half my collection onto my hard drive but I'll be damned if i lose any quality

18. When you set off early to work, pray for bad traffic and drive the extra long way just to get those couple of extra tracks in

19. When you explain to your passengers that you will not be turning on the back speakers for them as it ruins the stage at the front.

20. You drive you car with the windows rolled up and air con off even though your sweating your ass off

21. When you should be going direct home to your house at the end of an evening but detour the long route! Make that multiple long routes all round the neighborhood till the petrol tank

light comes on - and even then it's a struggle to convince yourself that enough is enough! There's a sad feeling as you pull in but a happy one as you get out and think about how great

that was!

22. You go to the cinema and write off the new superman film as totally crap just because there is no 18hz massaging your lower back in the opening music.

23. Everytime you sit in a friends car you twiddle with as many controls as you can find on their cráppy HU to try an get it that little bit better (First thing being fading it 80% to the front!)

24. When you clean the interior of your car and believe it has improved your system

25. You hate yourself for buying the diesel suv since the engine noise is worse than the gasoline version.

26. You listen to music you don't even like just because they were recorded well.

27. You now know Emi Fujita, Susan Wong and Clair Marlo, whereas before you only listened to Akon or Rihanna.

28. You have an IASCA cd, even if it's a pirated one, or you have tons of audiophile recordings

29. You spend just as much trying to make your car more quiet so you can enjoy your music more

30. You wouldn't push your system too loud for fear of frying/ blowing up your very expensive components.

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

i do this one.. im not sq... but my mids and high's are cleaeaaaaan

18. When you set off early to work, pray for bad traffic and drive the extra long way just to get those couple of extra tracks in

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

"24. When you clean the interior of your car and believe it has improved your system."

Haha not there yet but its definitely more comfortable afterwords.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

When you spend 5 grand on an amp that does 40rms.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

23. Everytime you sit in a friends car you twiddle with as many controls as you can find on their cráppy HU to try an get it that little bit better (First thing being fading it 100% to the front!)

I'm so torn between SQ and SPL, every time I try to make the switch I just miss the bass.

But I have done several of the things you've mentioned lol. Even now I have been without a sub for almost a year and I'm constantly messing with the mids.

My wife always fades it 50/50, so I just disconnected the rear speakers from the amp all together, much better sounding anyway :)

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

When you spend 5 grand on an amp that does 40rms.
So I guess it would be stupid to spend $400 on an amp rated at 5w rms x 4ch ? :spiteful:
ha yea pretty good

na im just joking. take it easy :)

I'm part Hawaiian myself, I have family on Oahu, so I thought I'd hit you with that since you're from Hawaii, haha.
I'm so torn between SQ and SPL, every time I try to make the switch I just miss the bass.

But I have done several of the things you've mentioned lol. Even now I have been without a sub for almost a year and I'm constantly messing with the mids.

My wife always fades it 50/50, so I just disconnected the rear speakers from the amp all together, much better sounding anyway :)

You could go SQL and have the best of both worlds :hairtrick:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f