Sq Headunit/processors Vs In-car Computer....

chewy

you wont find a soundcard with analog outputs like that. if you plan to use a carputer than digital output is what you'll find best. you will need a good DAC though or find a processor with a digital input, such as the alpine h701.

and i still feel 5.1 is completely unnecessary in the car.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is nice to watch movies along those long road trips.

I think you won't be dissapointed in the H701. I also doubt you will miss the extra 2 channels of the 7.1 format. Even in my truck where I have plenty of room to set my surround sound stage to whatever I want The 5.1 fills the truck real nice.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Guest MegaloManiac

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is nice to watch movies along those long road trips.

I think you won't be disapointed in the H701. I also doubt you will miss the extra 2 channels of the 7.1 format. Even in my truck where I have plenty of room to set my surround sound stage to whatever I want The 5.1 fills the truck real nice.

Usually if I leave town I rent a car to keep the mileage off my ride. Thats just me though. Tuning is very hard for a 5.1 setup. I dont see how it would work out that great. with reflection and cross axis responses. comes down to one question Do you really need the rear channel of audio for surround, when watching a movie, most of the emphasis is on the front stage anyways.

If a person doesnt have a great frontstage(right now) what makes them think they can do 5.1(while maintaining SQ)? It requires a lot of skill & experience.

An HT in a house is completely different from an HT in a vehicle.

Usually if I leave town I rent a car to keep the mileage off my ride. Thats just me though. Tuning is very hard for a 5.1 setup. I dont see how it would work out that great. with reflection and cross axis responses. comes down to one question Do you really need the rear channel of audio for surround, when watching a movie, most of the emphasis is on the front stage anyways.

If a person doesnt have a great frontstage(right now) what makes them think they can do 5.1(while maintaining SQ)? It requires a lot of skill & experience.

where do you rent your cars? i wasnt allowed to rent even a small little econobox because you have to be 21 or older to get those and the rates are higher until you reach 25 which then they allow you to rent a premium or luxury car. i havent heard of many places allowing people 18+ renting a car. my friend had to rent a uhaul truck when he flew to ny because they wouldnt let him rent a car.

Guest MegaloManiac

where do you rent your cars? i wasnt allowed to rent even a small little econobox because you have to be 21 or older to get those and the rates are higher until you reach 25 which then they allow you to rent a premium or luxury car. i havent heard of many places allowing people 18+ renting a car. my friend had to rent a uhaul truck when he flew to ny because they wouldnt let him rent a car.

i dont go on trips alone boss ;)

You are 100% correct.

It can be done, and sound wonderful when setup right.

I find myself enjoying my HT setup in my truck just as much if not more then my home setup.

now on the car rental thing, look around, some will rent to you at 18

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You are 100% correct.

It can be done, and sound wonderful when setup right.

I find myself enjoying my HT setup in my truck just as much if not more then my home setup.

now on the car rental thing, look around, some will rent to you at 18

just wondering how you setup/tuned your 5.1 system? and whats so great about that H701? I never really looked into it but after reading a lil about it it seems pretty similar to the RF 360.2 except it has 5.1 built in vs the 360 doesnt and the 360 has bluetooth and the alpine doesnt

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

just wondering how you setup/tuned your 5.1 system? and whats so great about that H701? I never really looked into it but after reading a lil about it it seems pretty similar to the RF 360.2 except it has 5.1 built in vs the 360 doesnt and the 360 has bluetooth and the alpine doesnt

1st off it's an ease of integration with my current system with the Ai-Net.

Next the fiber optical inputs are a nice feature. I have all 3 of mine used.

The 360 is 31 band for the front 2 channel and 27 channel for the rest with a 10 channel for the sub, the 701 is an 8 channel with 31 bands for each channel

Lastly, The 701 is a true Dolby Digital / DTS system. You could use the 360 in a 5.1 setup, however you would still need a decoder before the processor.

I did like the idea of syncing up my PDA with the 360 but didn't see much use for it once it's been in the truck awhile. I don't always have the PDA with me and would make adjustments difficult without it ;)

Archived