Sonic Electronix

Damn, after reading all these stories its safe to say BB should just stick to retail instead of installing. Sounds like the same kinda stuff that my friends dad thought he could do with my car. Safe to say, he wont be touchin my car anymore lol

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Damn, after reading all these stories its safe to say BB should just stick to retail instead of installing. Sounds like the same kinda stuff that my friends dad thought he could do with my car. Safe to say, he wont be touchin my car anymore lol

There are FAR more horror stories coming from independent shops, going by their logic you shouldn't go their either...looks like everyone should stick to doing everything themselves.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I probably shouldn't mention that I'm considering applying for an install job at my local BB, huh?

I'll probably just be there until I can get certified than outtadere!

better make sure you can pass the MECP test, and score high enough or they wont pay for you to take it. Nothing like working full time at a place that has amazing benefits, and decent pay...but oh no people might talk down to you, cause you're not doing "custom" work. ROFL

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

yeah ive thought about getting certified... im just too lazy... ive got the basic and advanced text books... and they have been sitting in my closet for about 3 years now... and i havent even started chapter1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

better make sure you can pass the MECP test, and score high enough or they wont pay for you to take it. Nothing like working full time at a place that has amazing benefits, and decent pay...but oh no people might talk down to you, cause you're not doing "custom" work. ROFL

My biggest thought is that I will most likely be moving in summer of 2010, so I want a job that I could possibly transfer wherever I move if I decide to (probably Milwaukee area)

Too many projects, too little time...

There are FAR more horror stories coming from independent shops, going by their logic you shouldn't go their either...looks like everyone should stick to doing everything themselves.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

The amount of shit that I saw coming in every week that people did to their own cars beats most of the shit I've seen that other installers have fucked up....

EVERY group (BBY, Custom Shops, DIYers) have their horror stories. Some people get it, some people don't. Just the way it is.....

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

x2 hammsammich

i really wont let anyone else touch my car. i take pride in knowing i pretty much did every last thing on my car, and know exactly how every last bit and piece of it was done. And its honestly a roll of the dice regardless of where you go. I've seen messed up cars come out of every local shop (while some are more notorious for it than others) and i've even seen crap and mistakes roll out my own shop. some of its unavoidable, both on the shop and the customers side. But some of the stuff that rolls out is just so blatantly retardedly dumb it makes you wonder. Like 2 different impedance subs in the same box, or 0g grounds for a 1500watt amp secured to the rear deck with a zipscrew.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

And these guys actually knew their shit compared to some of the local shops around here. I can walk into any of those shops and have the guys at the counter scratching their head in a few minutes. I think it bothers them that im just a kid and this is their job.

Just to be clear... if what you mean here is you think you're being clever by talking about (RELATIVELY!) tiny, obscure brands like Fi, DC, AA etc when the shop guys don't know a thing about them... it's not clever, why should they know about things like that. As long as they know their bread and butter a.k.a your mainstream brands that Joe off the street wants then shit, that's good enough. Like you say, it's their JOB, there's way more money in doing 50 cookie-cutter headunit installs than 1 full custom boot install, for the same amount of time...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived