I have a 07 suzuki forenza with 55,000 miles on it. Im runnin a stock electrical besides the big 3 and i have a sundown saz 1500d and a 15 inch fi bl. that ive had for about 10 months or so.

My "check engine light" came on for the first time ever earlier and im wondering if it could possibly be my alternator going out? My battery light hasnt came on and my car is running normal. Do yall think its the alternator or somethin totally different then anything to do stereo wise?

THANKS.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

its probably something else...

I can't stop staring at your AVA !! lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Typically the check engine light comes on if you run shit gas or engine is misfiring, or even haven't changed the oil in a while.

Good example: my dad has an 07 silverado. Check engine light came on and truck ran fine. I asked him what kind of gas he ran, he said the cheap shit. So, I put some injector cleaner (STP) and some higher grade gas in, and the check engine light went away.

Maybe yours is that simple.

*your mom* <- your mom is my signature! daaaaaaang!

it's probably something as simple as a gas cap... im a technician... and 70 percent of check engine lights on at our dealership is due to people pumping gas... and not putting the gas cap on correctly... or having a leaking gas cap... will cause an evap small leak... you simply can't tell without having a scan tool... i have a scanner here in socal.... if you are close by here... you can bring it by... autozone doesn't loan them out anymore due to people clearing codes and motors before a smog test

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

it's probably something as simple as a gas cap... im a technician... and 70 percent of check engine lights on at our dealership is due to people pumping gas... and not putting the gas cap on correctly... or having a leaking gas cap... will cause an evap small leak... you simply can't tell without having a scan tool... i have a scanner here in socal.... if you are close by here... you can bring it by... autozone doesn't loan them out anymore due to people clearing codes and motors before a smog test

im way in virginia. i wonder where else i can get one ran for free

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Stop by a local autozone or advanced autoparts they will read it for you.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I can't stop staring at your AVA !! lol

haha..

OP: there are a lot of "things" that can set the engine light. you dont want to assume anything and start "throwing" parts at it. sometime you might get lucky and other times your just wasting your money. just take it to a shop and tell them you want to know what code(s) is showing up. they made it into law that 1996 and new car are ODBII for a reason...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio