Biggiest and baddest wire for going overkill.....

Knu Kolossus Felks 1/0 claims to be equivalent to 2/0? I haven't ran any but i plan on it... its only like 3.40 a foot but yeah it adds up fast.

The Fleks cable has 5145 strands, which is about 900 strands more than the Stinger HPM 1/0 and is only about 1100 strands away from Stinger's XPERT 3/0.Then again, Stinger 3/0 isn't really what you would expect.It is more like barely even a 1/0 strand in the middle with a small strand of 4 gauge on each side.

more like

the more strands, the more flexibility.

I could run it through a solid copper cable (1 big ass strand) if i wanted to. strands dont make electricity flow any better.

That's the whole reason. Higher strand count, more flex.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

I always knew that DC current flowed evenly throughout the cross section of the wire, while AC current favored the outer surface. However, knowing this, why would people want a higher strand count for their wire? In car audio applications, especially running power wire to amps and batteries, wouldn't one massive wire be better than hundreds of tiny ones?

flexibility. It isnt very practical to run a solid piece of copper all the way to the back, under carpet/across frame rails and then up into your amp. but if you could, then that would be ideal :D

regardless, electricity will take the path of least resistance. If it finds less resistance in 10000 little wires then it will take it, or if it finds less resistance in one big wire then it will take that path.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I always knew that DC current flowed evenly throughout the cross section of the wire, while AC current favored the outer surface. However, knowing this, why would people want a higher strand count for their wire? In car audio applications, especially running power wire to amps and batteries, wouldn't one massive wire be better than hundreds of tiny ones?

So with this being said, could it be beneficial or more efficient to run big, less stranded wire in certain parts of the car and then 1/0 high strand count wire in the rest?

flexibility. It isnt very practical to run a solid piece of copper all the way to the back, under carpet/across frame rails and then up into your amp. but if you could, then that would be ideal :D

regardless, electricity will take the path of least resistance. If it finds less resistance in 10000 little wires then it will take it, or if it finds less resistance in one big wire then it will take that path.

I would have to search for it, but there is a picture of a guy that was rebuilding a big Ford back in like 2007 for System of the Month with to RE MT 18's in the bed and he took a piece of 4/0 welding cable from Trystar that bent like an 6-8 inch piece completely in half.

FOUND IT: Team Broke Ass F-250 Scroll about half way down the page.

So with this being said, could it be beneficial or more efficient to run big, less stranded wire in certain parts of the car and then 1/0 high strand count wire in the rest?

This is what I was implying. I know it's a flexibility issue, which is why Fleks cable, with it's high strand count, exists. I'm just saying that for somewhat straight/uninterrupted runs, wouldn't a thicker wire prove more effective. Connecting multiple batts, those footlong grounding wires to the alt case, those are all areas where a thicker wire would excel.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Well... then... The Cable Yards 4/0 wire is only 3.98!!

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Well... then... The Cable Yards 4/0 wire is only 3.98!!

Haha now we have three different places, and I'm sure there are dozens more.I am determined to find out who truly has the best wire for these applications, but I know it will most likely come down to either 1) Big ass high quality copper wire is big ass high quality copper wire and 2) personal preference.

Higher strand count in the same size wire equals less space between the wires. The increase in smaller strands means the wire sits closer, a really high strand is closer to having solid wire than the same size wire with large strands. It may not be able to carry more current, but the higher strand count can carry current further, with less voltage/amperage loss. That doesn't really matter in a 18ft run in your car. But when you have to weld bridges or some buildings and need 400+ feet of wire between the buzzbox and the pinchers, higher stand count makes a HUGE difference.

EDIT: You wanna look for welding wire that meets or exceeds American Wire Gauge (AWG) otherwise your could be getting robbed wire size (like raptor wire). Oh, and cheap imported chinese wire can say AWG legally and not actually meet the standards (unless thats changed). USA made wire must meet standards if it says AWG. Watch out for that loop hole.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Higher strand count in the same size wire equals less space between the wires. The increase in smaller strands means the wire sits closer, a really high strand is closer to having solid wire than the same size wire with large strands. It may not be able to carry more current, but the higher strand count can carry current further, with less voltage/amperage loss. That doesn't really matter in a 18ft run in your car. But when you have to weld bridges or some buildings and need 400+ feet of wire between the buzzbox and the pinchers, higher stand count makes a HUGE difference.

EDIT: You wanna look for welding wire that meets or exceeds American Wire Gauge (AWG) otherwise your could be getting robbed wire size (like raptor wire). Oh, and cheap imported chinese wire can say AWG legally and not actually meet the standards (unless thats changed). USA made wire must meet standards if it says AWG. Watch out for that loop hole.

Hey another person with quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.Thanks, I appreciate it.So for car audio purposes, bigger welding wire would be more efficient than some slightly smaller car audio wire that has a higher strand count of smaller wires?I guess there would be a medium, but how much bigger would you really need to go before you start to actually see results?

Archived