You can get 4/0 pure copper welding wire for the same price as the 1/0 knu stuff, and the only difference is a little flexibility.

EDIT: Also, welding wire has less strands than knu so there is less resistance and better current flow.

Edited by Brianrj90

You can get 4/0 pure copper welding wire for the same price as the 1/0 knu stuff, and the only difference is a little flexibility.

EDIT: Also, welding wire has less strands than knu so there is less resistance and better current flow.

This is completley false, more strands means less resistance and better current flow or else you could use 8 guage for anything becuase technically it has less strands. Just get the Knuconceptz

Edited by Crump

o gauge 300 watt altenater

:blink:

i would only use the 0 gauge to bring power to the back......then i would step it down from the battery to the amp.... only if it was necessary.

so you would run 4awg to a 3000w amp?......... dont listen to this guy... run the 1/0awg to the amp.

damn the wiring for just one amp cost almost as much as one amp.

thats cause your getting a cheap amp.

hmm... i think the train left you behind. smaller strands means less gaps inbetween the strands = more copper in the wire = less resistance. is it enough of a difference to really care about? no.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

This is completley false, more strands means less resistance and better current flow or else you could use 8 guage for anything becuase technically it has less strands. Just get the Knuconceptz

No, if you have say 1 pound of pure copper the more strands you make it into the less conductive it will be. If it's all in on thick strand that is the most conductive and least resistant option. Also, the knuconceptz is tinned in something that isn't copper so it would be less conductive than pure copper than a comparable sized welding wire for both reasons. The smaller strands just help flexibility.

:blink:

hmm... i think the train left you behind. smaller strands means less gaps inbetween the strands = more copper in the wire = less resistance. is it enough of a difference to really care about? no.

Yes it means less gaps so they fit a little more copper/tin per diameter, but If you get a size up in welding wire that would be more copper per foot and thus less resistance. You can buy 4/0 100% pure copper welding wire for the same price as 1/0 knu, it's all marketing.

Scroll half way down this page to check out the 4/0 wire in action. Team Broke Ass F-250 (thanks to jburt09 for the link I stole it from another thread you made.)

Edited by Brianrj90