Sonic Electronix

What is impedance rise?

i knew it would only be a matter of time till boon chimed in :)

x2..lmao

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

As I've said like 300 times on here, impedance rise varies by frequency. At some frequencies it will be very close to 0. Also when the cone is stationary (i.e. every time it reaches the top or bottom of a wave, aka 50 times per second at 50hz) the impedance rise is 0.

Put it down to something that's there in your system but a. there's not a lot you can do about it and b. it's not worth worrying about anyway.

Hmm..at what freq ?? In my case I am asking about my subs which will be playing in the 20-80 hz It is not coming ZERO. It is minimum 4.8 when I wire my dual 2 ohms sub parallel to make a 1 ohm load on the amp. The amp is making something like 1000 watts at 4 ohms. And it is approx 3500-4000 watts rms at 1 ohms amp.

So it is definitely to worry about in my case. :ph34r:

Where did I leave my facepalm gif?

As I've said like 300 times on here, impedance rise varies by frequency. At some frequencies it will be very close to 0. Also when the cone is stationary (i.e. every time it reaches the top or bottom of a wave, aka 50 times per second at 50hz) the impedance rise is 0.

Changing your speaker wire does nothing for impedance rise. Resistance is not impedance. One is in the DC domain, the other is in AC.

You cannot rely on impedance rise for anything except burps where it will always be the same so you can measure it and know what it is.

For the purposes of musical systems (and I don't think many people here drive around playing single frequency sine waves) it is best to pretend that impedance rise doesn't exist. Put it down to something that's there in your system but a. there's not a lot you can do about it and b. it's not worth worrying about anyway.

False, Do a test for me there boony boy. Go measure your rise. (Not in between your legs).... maybe do it a couple times. lets say 45 hz. just burp 45 a couple times and measure your rise. then.... Are you still following me? Then, increase the length of your speaker wire by say? A Foot? then measure it again. and tell me what you get... I can tell you it will be a higher impedance rise than before.

False, Do a test for me there boony boy. Go measure your rise. (Not in between your legs).... maybe do it a couple times. lets say 45 hz. just burp 45 a couple times and measure your rise. then.... Are you still following me? Then, increase the length of your speaker wire by say? A Foot? then measure it again. and tell me what you get... I can tell you it will be a higher impedance rise than before.

you have no idea who you are talking to. It kills me when I see someone running 8 gauge speaker wire for 1200 watts or another low wattage install. btw drop the high and mighty act and come down off the pedestal with the rest of us. no one is better than anyone else here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

okay all this talk about big box small box back pressure impedance rise just on the box. not voltage or watts or anything.. just looking at the box.

for a spl box, would you want a bigger box?

and when yall say small box and big box, is that like, say if the recommended speaker enclosure was 5-7 ft^3, 3 ft^3 being small, or 9 ft ^3 for a larger one? like is it based on the speaker itself, so all speakers and boxes are different with this.

like if i put a 15 smd in a 6.5 ft ^3 box and then a 15 level 5 in the same box, and played at same voltage, same volume, all those factors are the same except the speaker, but were wired up to the same ohms and all.. would impedance rise be the same?

thanks.

no they would not have the same rise. they have different specs to them. different T/s parameters. In other words they are two very different monsters. They are going to act very different.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What is impedance rise?

Its a motherfucker that what it is! LOL I had my two amps strapped at 2ohms and when clamped, my amps were seeing 6ohms! Power robbing sombitch.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

listen folks, if you are worried about this then wire to some ungodly low number. hell it might work for you. you might be like Skittles who gained like 4-5 db or you might be like a shit ton more people who blew up their amps.

it is your choice

me personally, i wont worry about it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

you have no idea who you are talking to. It kills me when I see someone running 8 gauge speaker wire for

1200 watts or another low wattage install. btw drop the high and mighty act and come down off the pedestal

with the rest of us. no one is better

than anyone else here.

If nobody is better than the next person, why does it matter who I'm talking to? I'm not on a pedastle, but when I have seen somethin with my eyes something works. Then I will defend what I think. Car audio isn't something you can master, there is always something new to learn. Don't throw a fit if it's something you have never heard of. Try it, and then throw your input in there.

Archived