Sonic Electronix

Anybody ever install in this car?

How the hell did you get that back peice off? (not the piece getting cut) the precut. That would make this install so much easier, I thought the sheet metal that had that square port looking thing was not removable......

That plate behind the rear seat? That just unbolts. I just used my trusty Craftsman Socket Set. If its tough to break the bolts loose, use a 1/2" driver. It shouldn't be too hard, If I remember correctly, I took that out on my lunch break at work and barely broke a sweat. After that I broke out the sawzall!!!!

Let me know what kind of problems you are having specifically. Can you not break the bolts? Or do you just not know which ones to take off?

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

That plate behind the rear seat? That just unbolts. I just used my trusty Craftsman Socket Set. If its tough to break the bolts loose, use a 1/2" driver. It shouldn't be too hard, If I remember correctly, I took that out on my lunch break at work and barely broke a sweat. After that I broke out the sawzall!!!!

Let me know what kind of problems you are having specifically. Can you not break the bolts? Or do you just not know which ones to take off?

Pretty much if there was a tutorial to get the rear seat back, bottem, and the back plate, I would jizz im my pants. (if that isnt too explicit) It's not my car and I dont have access to it everyday, but I will keep this thread up untill I can figure all this out. Having all these things done would make the ease of installation amazing, and my planned box is 34" accros, 18 deep 17" high. My plan is to mount the amps on the sides of the box (assuming that itll fit) because I measured the width of the trunk to the strut towers, and If I recall correctly it was about 40-42 inches. The battery (Hc 2400) will be to the right of the hole in the sheet metal on the back of the seats, so it wont be seen (hopefully :D ).

And I havent really looked at it too closely, but how hard is a head unit to install. Looks pretty simple,just a plastic trim piece, but again havent looked too closely.

Pretty much if there was a tutorial to get the rear seat back, bottem, and the back plate, I would jizz im my pants.

Prepare to change your drawers. Got a place you want me to upload the shop manual? Its 36mb so I can't email it.

97 Maxima SE

Prepare to change your drawers. Got a place you want me to upload the shop manual? Its 36mb so I can't email it.

Um that would be amazing, however i dont really know a lot about computers n stuff. So your guess is as good as mine where to send it

Here is the Rear Seat diagram. If you look at the seat bottom, in the front where the seat bottom meets the chassis, you will see two pull rings, one on each side. One at a time, pull the ring and lift up on the seat at that point, then do the other side. Then while lifting the front of the seat bottom, pull it forward. There are 2 hooks that go up behind the bottom of the seat back, once those are free, it comes right out. Once the seat bottom is out, you can undo the 2 bolts holding the bottom of the seat back in place and one in the ski hole. Once those 3 bolts are out, you can pull the seat back up to release the hooks and pull the back out. There is one hook on each side and one in the middle just under the top of the seat back.

RearSeat_Page_30.jpg

Look at the piece called "Rear backseat center support" Around the outside of it are the bolts you need to remove. You can get to those after you remove the rear Seatback. Then there is just the cardboard trim piece you can get to from the trunk.

RearSeat_Page_17.jpg

97 Maxima SE

Archived