Sonic Electronix

Motor separated from basket. What do i do?

alrite so i bought these woofers from Brian Owens on CA awhile back and put them in my wall. They are 15" Fi BTL softparts with different motors. im not sure of what motors they are but they arent fi production. anyway i finally got everything hooked up on the Z2LV friday and then today i was driving at liek 1/4 volume and it made a horrible noise so i stopped and messed with it and noticed it was stiff. so i pulled it out and found that the bolts going into the motor have stripped out.. WTf do i do? i guess i can call Fi tomarrow but if i gotta get a new motor and a new recone and waht not on top of that thats gonna suck. it jsut really upset me ive been waitng all this time to get it hooked up and 2 days later... salt. hope it gets fixed before the 30th......any suggestions? lol WEDLING>haha as long as it holds/ works.

102_3134.jpg

102_3138.jpg

102_3139.jpg

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

look like the nuts fell off.. cut out the voice coil/cone assembly and recenter the magnet on the basket and tighten it back down. then recone. thats about all you can do.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

look like the nuts fell off.. cut out the voice coil/cone assembly and recenter the magnet on the basket and tighten it back down. then recone. thats about all you can do.

the bolts look stripped out.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

you might have scratched the fuck out of the voice coil.

i would order a recone kit for it. tear it down and rebolt the basket down real good. then recone it.

Edited by brewer_brewer

you might have scratched the fuck out of the voice coil.

i would order a recone kit for it. tear it down and rebolt the basket down real good. then recone it.

i pulled it out pretty far and it looks perfectly fine. idk bout the inside tho. big problem is tho idk what exact coil config they are i kno ther dual2 but copper or waht

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

either ask the guy you bought them from or send the soft parts into FI and tell them you need the exact thing but new.

i use loc tite on the threads of basket screws and ca glue covering the heads of them so that this doesn't happen because it almost always means recone.

either ask the guy you bought them from or send the soft parts into FI and tell them you need the exact thing but new.

i use loc tite on the threads of basket screws and ca glue covering the heads of them so that this doesn't happen because it almost always means recone.

lol pain inthe ass!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

yea it really is.

if the screws arent stripped out them sometimes you can put a screwdriver like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CB...L500_AA280_.jpg

into the holes through the basket and tighten them back down. (will take forever though) lol