Second Skin Audio

help me out answer the poll

31 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• build a better box for the 4 12's
    • sell the 12s and get 2 15'' alpine type Rs
    • other (explain in thread)

That not really true... thats like saying a 18 has a slow response and cant get the punchy notes....

if it were me i would do 2 DC lvl 3 15 though .... thats my opinion!

e-mail rusty and see what kind of price he coud give you on those ..

dont no what kind of space those need but i have only heard gpood things about the rs and i am trying to keep this amp and power cuz any more power and i will need electrical upgrades this amp is pushin my electrical as it is

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i recomend using 2 12'' in a t-line

my space is also not a square or rectangular shape it will have to be a weird shaped box to make it work so basicaly i am thinking i can sell the 12s for around 200 and then the 2 15" type rs will only cost me 200 and i feel like 2 15s on 700 watts each will hit harder and lower than 4 12 s on 350 each

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Keep your subs for now and just throw more power to them, 1200 isnt alot so id get a larger amp to power those.

the amp does 1470 rms and I feel like much more power would absolutely hurt the subs. Just from seeing the excursion of the subs and hearing the distortion if you crank the bass knob you can just tell this is about as much power as these subs can take. I am just trying to get the loudest lowest bass possible and be heard from very far away. The 15s in a 4 cuft box on 700 a piece seem to me like they would do a good job. however the 12s hit pretty low and give me a very good range of bass.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

the only reason im leaning more towards the 15s is I feel like 2 15s will be louder than most 2 12 setups off the same power and from my experiences 15s get lower and i like low bass the best . all jeezy stuff I like those types of lows

my 8s get jeezy low, you just gotta use the correct box

build the proper box for 2 12s

aq sdc 12s would be a great choice for ur situation

dc lvl 3s as well

hell even re se's would do well

I just dont really buy into the whole 2 12s being louder than 4 12s off the same power thing. It would acutally be less power with my subs, 2 of my subs could only be wired down to 2 ohms. I have been told many times there is no real substitute for having that much cone area.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I just dont really buy into the whole 2 12s being louder than 4 12s off the same power thing. It would acutally be less power with my subs, 2 of my subs could only be wired down to 2 ohms. I have been told many times there is no real substitute for having that much cone area.

2 12s in the rite box with more power would be louder that ur 4 12s. I say get rid of the jls, they dont put up numbers in my op. I would go with the lvl3s or AQs with amp u have and would sould alot better that the 4 jlw3s. Just my op

2 12s in the rite box with more power would be louder that ur 4 12s. I say get rid of the jls, they dont put up numbers in my op. I would go with the lvl3s or AQs with amp u have and would sould alot better that the 4 jlw3s. Just my op

well like i said im not really going for numbers. more audible loudness and being able to be heard from a distance. so 2 aq street duty 12s off my amp in a 4 cuft ported box would definatley beat my 4 jl 12s now?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

well like i said im not really going for numbers. more audible loudness and being able to be heard from a distance. so 2 aq street duty 12s off my amp in a 4 cuft ported box would definatley beat my 4 jl 12s now?

doesn't matter what kind of 12's they are. if you take two pyle 12's and build the correct box and put the rms power on them they will be louder than 4 of the same 12's in an incorrect box with less than rms power going to them.

i voted build a new box for the 4 12's. if you don't have enough room for all four then build one for 3 of them. install is 80% of a system and the box is part of the install.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?