Second Skin Audio

Sealed box = loud?

Hostility

ok so my current set up is in my sig. ported box 33hz, now i was going to sell it all, and downgrade, to like 2000watts 4 10" sealed. but my question is, is sealed loud? im sure it is, but ive only had like 300watts sealed with 2 10's. now i like low low bass and shaking the ish out of my truck. is that still possible with a sealed box? can they still hit really low? and im kind of thinking of keeping my saz-3500D and running 4 10's sealed off it, so like 800-900 watts a sub. what do you guys think? i love ported box's that hit low. but every one i build doesnt seem to play well on all my music, and i listen to everything, thats why im thinking sealed box. please help asap!

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

ok so my current set up is in my sig. ported box 33hz, now i was going to sell it all, and downgrade, to like 2000watts 4 10" sealed. but my question is, is sealed loud? im sure it is, but ive only had like 300watts sealed with 2 10's. now i like low low bass and shaking the ish out of my truck. is that still possible with a sealed box? can they still hit really low? and im kind of thinking of keeping my saz-3500D and running 4 10's sealed off it, so like 800-900 watts a sub. what do you guys think? i love ported box's that hit low. but every one i build doesnt seem to play well on all my music, and i listen to everything, thats why im thinking sealed box. please help asap!

A sealed box can KILL! - I like them both - Ported for long linguring bass - Sealed For tight short bass.

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Check this sealed box BASS tricks

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

i dont know, ive heard some sealed set ups that just killed the lows

hmm, well im looking for nice tight clean bass, but im a sucker for hella low bass.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

sealed boxes are weak

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I like ported better myself. They have trouble hitting the notes out of the tuning range, and depending on the sub and setup, it can be damaging. Sealed boxes hit most notes, but with less of a powerful feeling on the low drag notes..

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

I like ported better myself. They have trouble hitting the notes out of the tuning range, and depending on the sub and setup, it can be damaging. Sealed boxes hit most notes, but with less of a powerful feeling on the low drag notes..

is there anyone on here with a loud sealed set up?, the other route is doing a 3/4 wall with my 2 15's and trying 35hz, but then again, i want it to play everything. plus i need some more room in my truck, driving is uncomfy and i cant even put a pair a shoes back there lol

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

Years ago I had a buddy with two Soundstream SPL 12's in a sealed box on a 600 watt Crossfire amp. It was insane, but it was also in a Camaro.

Dan

I at one time had run two p1 10's and a punch 200 in a sealed box it killed the lows and flexed the hell out of the back cab of my truck

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived