Second Skin Audio

Sealed box = loud?

Hostility

i have 2 12 type r's in a 2 cb ft box sealed and it get low and loud

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

i have 2 12 type r's in a 2 cb ft box sealed and it get low and loud

yea i kinda remember last year my 2 10" re, re series, they sounded pretty good, and seemed to hit low, but only with the windows down, but again that was only like 300-400 watts. so how low does the sealed hit, does it play jeezy and gorilla zoe stuff?

also, anyone have pics or videos of loud sealed set ups?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

I dont have any video but my buddys shop did a 4 door chevy 2500 3 polk mm's in a smallsealed box behind the rear seat powered by a soundstream tarantula 2000d very loud suprised all of us cause the sealed box was on the small side for the subs but only way to get it to fit

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Type r's sound good sealed. I kinda miss my old system. That amp will be a bit much for them, even 4 10's.

i was thinking 4 10" dc audio level 3's, they handle 800rms. (sealed box)

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

i'm in the same position as you mang, i wanna clear up my trunk and go for better sounding smaller box hah

i actually just sold all four of my 12" CVR's in a big ported box, and was gonna do four 10's sealed...

but now i wanna just go with my original plan of two 12" L7's. should be about the same size as four 10's sealed

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

That would sound NICE.

yea thats what im thinking, just dont know if it will fulfill my low low needs haha

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

I love sealed boxes and its all I run. They can get LOUD,LOW, and Beat the shit out of ya.

When I get back into car audio you guys will be seeing some more ported stuff from me and the only reason for that is because I'm going to follow inline with everyone else and just build a efficiant system that is overly loud so I can pull numbers.

I own some 15 inch RF HX2s and was informed that they will sound much better in a ported box instead of sealed, so that will be one of my ported setups.

I just don't have a seddan to use them in rite now. My competition truck will be ported because of numbers.

So far to this day I have only heard one ported setup that I have fell inlove with and am willing to use in a SQ setup. Its a special Kicker sub that is very rare not a production woofer and a collecters item but it sounds too damn good to not use.

I'm a huge sub-sonic fan, If I can rattle everything around me and still have a normal conversation with my passenger, I get off on that type of shit.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived