Sonic Electronix

im with EXO cause something tells me thats a hint that he might do the same

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

What's the minimum size that I should put a 18" Q in. I don't have room for a 6 cube box, and maybe not even a 5 cube. I've got a tiny ass cargo area, so I'm kind of limited.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Recomendations for the q 18 right off thier site

Sealed box: 4-8 cuft

Ported box: 6-10 cuft @ 28Hz

from what you said you have for avaliable air space, it doesnt look like the 18 is a viable option for your application.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

That's why I'm leaning toward the 15...will be much easier to cram in the back. What do you think I should tune it to? I know Fi recommends 28-33 (I think), but I'd like to use it for competitions...what do you think I should do for that? I'll probably end up making two boxes. 1 for comps, the other for daily. Daily being 32...and competition...would 35-36 be a viable option? I'm a noob when it comes to competition setups.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

or you can make a box with a removable port so you can switch ports for a daily bump(28-30hz) and for comps put the other port(35hz+)

and not have to take the whole box out unscrew the sub and etc..you get me?..it will be much more easier!

Edited by DUBIE

or you can make a box with a removable port so you can switch ports for a daily bump(28-30hz) and for comps put the other port(35hz+)

and not have to take the whole box out unscrew the sub and etc..you get me?..it will be much more easier!

I'd do that, but in all honesty, two boxes would make it easier on me. Because 90% of the time I'll have my daily box in there, and a bolt on port...erm...maybe I can find a tutorial on how to make a box that uses one.

i vote 2 havoc 12s , still name by fi just a little beefier then the Q and smashes the lows

and a 12 or 18 are going to hit the same notes

I looked at the Havocs, but instead went with the Q. I'm still considering getting two SSD's but Havocs might just win the prize. Although...Q's...ftw!

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

2 12's > 1 15....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I'd do that, but in all honesty, two boxes would make it easier on me. Because 90% of the time I'll have my daily box in there, and a bolt on port...erm...maybe I can find a tutorial on how to make a box that uses one.

I looked at the Havocs, but instead went with the Q. I'm still considering getting two SSD's but Havocs might just win the prize. Although...Q's...ftw!

havocs are like Q's on steroids, id pick the havoc over the Q 10 out of 10 times lol.

How would 1 15" Havoc compete against 1 15" Q? And how much would the Havoc cost?

2 12's > 1 15....

2 SSD 12s > 1 15" Q? More surface area...more effective use of the power...I see where you're going with that.

And BTW...I've bumped up the amp to a Hifonics BXi 1601D.

If I go with 2 12s. The Fi SSD's or the AA Chaos?

Edited by ArmoredPersonel48698

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build