Sundown Audio

Sundown SAE-1200D Finally hooked up

Hotdog

Well I finally got around to hooking up the Sundown SAE-1200d that I got about a month ago. I had another thread on here about weather or not the SAE-1200D could put out .3db more then a Fosgate T1001bd.

Well I have not had it metered yet but I am going to say yes it will.. there is a pretty good difference between the two actually.

I do have a question about subsonic filtering though and Bass EQ here are my settings on the amp

IMG_5517.jpg

here are the settings

Crossover is at about 80-90hz

Subsonic is about 1/3

Bass is 3/4

Gain is 3/4

Do they look ok? I tuned it by ear and it sounds fine and is putting out plenty of bass, and I am able to play it full tilt with no issues. It is running a pair of RFR2215 Rockford Fosgate Power Series 15's

ur subsonic could be a bit lower... maybe 1/4 not 1/3

turn the bass eq to 0... you dont need this at all

if your not getting enough voltage to the point ur gain is at 3/4 and 3/4 bass boost likely there is a setting on ur headunit u dont have set right

3/4 gain is ~2v... and almost no headunit is below that... thus u should never need to exceed 3/4 gain

u have ur rcas in the output, they need to be in the input, lol

what headunit do u have

edit, u have a alpine... is the sub level at +15?

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

if your not getting enough voltage to the point ur gain is at 3/4 and 3/4 bass boost likely there is a setting on ur headunit u dont have set right

3/4 gain is ~2v... and almost no headunit is below that... thus u should never need to exceed 3/4 gain

u have ur rcas in the output, it need to be in the input, lol

I LoL'ed hard

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

u have ur rcas in the output, it need to be in the input, lol

what headunit do u have

edit, u have a alpine... is the sub level at +15?

Head Unit is an alpine CDA-9856 I did not know you can change the voltage out on the head unit I thought it was at a set point.

no the sub level is set at 0 everyday but I will turn it up to 6 when getting metered.

I LoL'ed hard

RCA for input were unplugged when making adjustments its a tight area. and I took a picture while I was at it :)

sub level NEEDS to be at +15 to get 2v from that headunit... reset gains with 0 bass boost

and Alpines clip on volume #22-26 depending on model iirc... so keep that in mind as well

looks like u have some db's to gain once everything is set correctly

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sub level NEEDS to be at +15 to get 2v from that headunit... reset gains with 0 bass boost

Few questions on this... some may be stupid but I have to know :)

So it would be better to have the gain all the way down and Sub level all the way up on the head unit?

is that less stress on the amp?

would it not be better to have it where it is set now so I can make slight adjustment at the head unit rather then having sub level up all the way and having to readjust gains for competitions?

Is there also a way to adjust the voltage out on the front and rear channels because my mid/high amp gain is set at about 3/4 also?

Few questions on this... some may be stupid but I have to know :)

So it would be better to have the gain all the way down and Sub level all the way up on the head unit?

is that less stress on the amp?

would it not be better to have it where it is set now so I can make slight adjustment at the head unit rather then having sub level up all the way and having to readjust gains for competitions?

Is there also a way to adjust the voltage out on the front and rear channels because my mid/high amp gain is set at about 3/4 also?

ur not makin much sense, think about what ur saying

for competitions the sub level should be at +15 and then when daily you would turn it down to say +10... thats the proper way because then u would never exceed the voltage set at +15 and hopefully u would clip the amp way less, which = less stress

mids/highs are different, i just set them by ear after setting the sub amp

put eqs at 0, turn gain up til they sound good and not stressed then go to the eq and fine tune what u can... which does not mean makin a smiley face curve

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

and Alpines clip on volume #22-26 depending on model iirc... so keep that in mind as well

looks like u have some db's to gain once everything is set correctly

Actually I have the same model as him and me and Kandiman tested this head-unit.. playin a 50Hz tone and his O-Scope we found Sub at +15 and volume at 33 out of 35 is where it was a click before clipping.. its signal output was 2.6V.. Jus dont turn past Volume 33 and youll be good

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals