Sonic Electronix

Me and another member on this site drew028 have both been impounded for noise ordinances here in Chicago (Cr00k County). Anyways moral of the story is the law says within 75 feet of sound device being heard is an automatic impound 500 fine and 150 tow. Ok now heres the catch... the only proof they have is the cop showing up to court..(And when he does show up to court, interrogat his ass so he mess'es up his story).

Other then that they cant take no pictures of your setup..Anyways today we went to the department of revenue court hearing for his sound violation and what do you know?? The fat jackass cop didnt show up..So What happens the city asks for a continuos.. So now we gota wait another month to see if the cop shows up...Yea hope he doesnt make it and chokes on as many donuts as he could. Anyways you ppl think you have it bad in your town...Really come see how bad the sound ordinance is over here..These fat cops think they can make a quick dollar...Anyways my moral of the story is...beat the case and blast out your system on any innocent bystander city block (Especially late at night) so we see who gets the last laugh..

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

around here in my neighborhood the blame all the "bass, shaking windows BULLSHIT" on me..yeah they know i work on systems and all that but dont bump in my house for testing purposes or nothing. i rather go to the park around here some blocks away and bump or just drive around the freeway and test it. but since other fags come bumping at my street from 2-5am they think its me..LOL. by that time my ass is already sleeping..then next thing you know cops come knocking at my door asking me why im blasting my music at that time. and me not knowing wtf is going on they still continue to ask after i tell them i was sleeping and crap. sometimes i gota wake up everyone in my house to get proof i was sleeping..LOL.

i aint gonna lie i only did it 1 time i was blasting my shit(15 on 2k+rms) at my house for 1min getting ready for a party.yeah that shit was loud it was knocking bottles of vodka of the t.v(little bottles since i collect them LOL) so i guess i fucked myself for doing that.

but its still bullshit i get the blame for other people.... :aggressive::aggressive:

Edited by DUBIE

Just don't be stupid where u play your system and you won't run into problems... I've be running systems that do a 150+ for 4 years now(in 3 diff. states) and I've never gotten a ticket or warning.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I had court today for getting my car impounded. I thought i was off the hook when the pig didnt show but they ended up continuing it since hes on vacation. What a waste of my time. Wasted a half day of work and driving back and forth in traffic. I did get to hear someones case on the same thing. Even though i felt i was already prepared i got another month to prepare and solidify my case. I would suggest anyone that does get there car impounded to 1. File for a hearing, you might get lucky and the cop not show and 2. PREPARE, Any type of evidence, fact, that my apply to your case. The burden of proof is on the cop. Deny anything and everything. Do not admit to even having a system. Say you had your windows up with the ac on. There where other cars around. Question his reasoning for determining 75ft (for chicago) What type of device he used to measure. In chicago they use the same sorry way to determine 75ft which is by the street light. Approximately 75ft is what they almost all ways say. Ask them for the exact measurement or if it more or less and make them look silly and ask if they ever measured it themselves. There whole case is based on the distance. Make his reasoning of distance not look creditable and you will not be found liable. I always found out even if you beat the case expect to wait 4 to 6 MONTHS for your money.

Edited by drew028

I had court today for getting my car impounded. I thought i was off the hook when i pig didnt show but they ended up continuing it since hes on vacation. What a waste of my time. Wasted a half day of work and driving back and forth in traffic. I did get to hear someones case on the same thing. Even though i felt i was already prepared i got another month to prepare and solidify my case. I would suggest anyone that does get there car impounded to 1. File for a hearing, you might get lucky and the cop not show and 2. PREPARE, Any type of evidence, fact, that my apply to your case. The burden of proof is on the cop. Deny anything and everything. Do not admit to even having a system. Say you had your windows up with the ac on. There where other cars around. Question his reasoning for determining 75ft (for chicago) What type of device he used to measure. In chicago they use the same sorry way to determine 75ft which is by the street light. Approximately 75ft is what they almost all ways say. Ask them for the exact measurement or if it more or less and make them look silly and ask if they ever measured it themselves. There whole case is based on the distance. Make his reasoning of distance not look creditable and you will not be found liable. I always found out even if you beat the case expect to wait 4 to 6 MONTHS for your money.

And why exactly did your car get impounded in the first place??

Really shows your maturity level by refering to a cop by calling him a pig :rolleyes:

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

And why exactly did your car get impounded in the first place??

Really shows your maturity level by refering to a cop by calling him a pig :rolleyes:

Loud music, it wasnt me though. There was a truck on the right side of me making a right had turn. The officer must of made a mistake being so far on the other street. (it was at a three way intersection) :search:

I can deal with speeding tickets they actually use a device to catch you. But this ticket is not right or fair. Some people dont even make $500 in a week and your going to take my car and money cause you think your at a distance of 75ft or greater. I got this case beat i hope he shows up next month. That pussy even scratched my trunk when taking off a emblem from my car. Had no right! :aggressive:

it just goes to show that a few idiots are going to ruin it for the rest of us. yeah i'll admit when i was younger i was stupid and cranked my system up. but i never had it up after 9pm. i'll have to admit i hate it when someone pulls up to my neighbors house at all hrs of the night with the system on full blast. if they were just driving by i dont even notice...but when they sit there for a couple min im just like come on man. its all about being curtious to other people. its those who dont care that are causing the problems for everyone else. where i live now i dont even know if we have any laws on the books for noise ordinaces, concidering we have a major union pacific rail depot in town. i live less than 1/4 mile from it. you want to hear some noise...lol