DC Sound Lab

What Coil To Choose...

I've decided to keep it kinda simple & go w/ 2 DC LVL5 15's. My amp is a HiFonics Sampson.

My question is- What coil configuration should I go with? Dual 1ohm, dual 1.4 or dual 2?

After talking to Rusty, I'm aware that the LVL5's can take alot more than their rated 2000rms. I'm just not sure exactly how much more. Therefore I was thinking maybe I should change the coil configuration so that the amp isn't pushing so much into the subs.

My amp's specs are:

2600x1 @ 4ohm

4500x1 @ 2ohm

8000x1 @ 1ohm

(approx. 6500x1 @ 1.4ohm)

Get 2 DUAL 2's to be safe and run em @2ohm's or say fuck it and get 2 Dual 1's!!!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

I would do Dual 1.4s and wire to 1.4ohm not for the sake of the woofer but for the sake of the amp. Keep efficiency up and the amp cool or i'll see you posting another thread "What amp for my level 5s?" in a few weeks. :good:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

The amp is only stable to 1ohm Homie.

After box rise and such I'm sure it would operate just fine. You are correct though. That is whats stated in thier specs.

As far as 8k daily I'd guess that after all elements are in place you'd prolly see no more than 5-6k and the lvl 5's can hadle that no prob. :)

I would do Dual 1.4s and wire to 1.4ohm not for the sake of the woofer but for the sake of the amp. Keep efficiency up and the amp cool or i'll see you posting another thread "What amp for my level 5s?" in a few weeks. :good:

-Drew

Thats what I was thinking plus it wouldn't be throwing the full 8k at the subs...

I have heard the Sampson amps dont like daily use, but if its for burps you want i say drop it as low as it will go!!!

I've heard that once from maybe one source & everyone else who says it heard it from the same place. I personally don't know many people that run 8k amps as daily. Everyone in my area is like- Naw man, thats too much power. You don't need all that power. Just get you a 2k amp & some Kicker L7's & beat the block down... LMAO.