computertraining.edu

I am just wondering if anyone here went to this school it is actually called computertraining.edu? They have a school in the pittsburgh area near where i live and i am thinkin about going to this school. That is also the name of their website. So if anyone here went to this school and actually completed it let me know how you like your job and was the school helpful with finding work? I found alot of people online that badmouth the school on blogs but most of the people either didn't go to the school or didn t complete the school or just mad at the school cause they didn t get a 50k/yr job right outta school.

what type of degree is it? Any certs offered with it? You can go to school and not know a fucking thing about IT and systems administration. trust me. Iwork with far too many like that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

they give you 4 test vouchers, so you have 4 chances to pass these each of these tests 1 time or you could use all 4 vouchers on 1 test if you need to, but the exams they prep you for are the MCTS Windows vista,Active directory, network infrastructure, and then finally the final exam is the MCITP server admin. So i guess it is possible to walk out of that school with those 4 certificates. they also give you a MS textbookl, MS lab manual, MS software(so your computer runs exactly like the 1s at the school or at least the same programs), then also finally selftesting software i guess same as practice tests. They also claim n average starting salary range between 30k and 40k per year. The school cost $13,500 it seems like alot of money but i was looking online for these practice tests and they cost about 70-80 bucks a piece, and the actual exam is about 200-400 bucks, So it looks like you get close to 1,000 bucks in just exams not including the practice test. Then the MS text book and lab manual are probably another 400 bucks, and microsoft software could run a grand or more retail value anyways. So this is just my guess is that your paying about 9k-10k for the education - the supplies.

Edited by Steve01S

I found alot of people online that badmouth the school on blogs but most of the people either didn't go to the school or didn t complete the school or just mad at the school cause they didn t get a 50k/yr job right outta school.

No offense but with how the economy is right now there is probably no way straight out of a school like that you will make anywhere near 50k. It's a couple certs... I got a bachelors in CIS and the jobs I'm applying for start at around $40-45... and these are jobs that are requiring a bachelors or masters and 2-4years of experience.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

the experience is the key. trust me on that one. you may know the book and the test but it means nothing compared to real life troubleshooting skills.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The IT job pool is getting thinner and the IT employment pool is getting deeper, too many qualified experienced people and not enough high paying jobs out there. I started out doing Network Administration and have switch to more of an RF engineering position due to job market. With all the cutbacks with the bigger companies your seeing more and more over qualified IT and IS people working in call centers and help desk positions. Entry level positions are becoming less applicable because there are plenty of 3-5+ experienced people with certificates and degrees looking for jobs. If your serious about getting in the IT, IS, or programing world right now and want the best bang for your buck, Do your own research online, study up as much as you can on a particular exam, then go to whats called a boot camp. Its basically a 2 day to 2 week cram class, and at the end you get to take the exam if you pass your certified if not you get a re-try. Here is a quick one I found http://www.intenseschool.com/schedules, but by all means do your own research.... Depending on your learning preference you can take online classes but if your very new you'd want to go to the class and have the ability to get hands on training and ask as many questions as you can.

Rebuild coming soon

I definately think i am going to this school yeah I am not expecting to make 50k/yr with only 6 months training but i am hoping to make between 30k and 35k. I went to a similar school for machining but it was a free schooling. but in my area all the machine shops are on lay off right now even hard to get a job if you have 5 or more yrs experience in machining around here so i am thinking this would be a decent somewhat cheap education not that 13 grand isn t alot but compared to other schooling it is cheap. and i feel the more certificates and education i have the better I will be in the long run. thanks for the input guys.

The IT job pool is getting thinner and the IT employment pool is getting deeper, too many qualified experienced people and not enough high paying jobs out there. I started out doing Network Administration and have switch to more of an RF engineering position due to job market. With all the cutbacks with the bigger companies your seeing more and more over qualified IT and IS people working in call centers and help desk positions. Entry level positions are becoming less applicable because there are plenty of 3-5+ experienced people with certificates and degrees looking for jobs. If your serious about getting in the IT, IS, or programing world right now and want the best bang for your buck, Do your own research online, study up as much as you can on a particular exam, then go to whats called a boot camp. Its basically a 2 day to 2 week cram class, and at the end you get to take the exam if you pass your certified if not you get a re-try. Here is a quick one I found http://www.intenseschool.com/schedules, but by all means do your own research.... Depending on your learning preference you can take online classes but if your very new you'd want to go to the class and have the ability to get hands on training and ask as many questions as you can.

Wow 13k to do what you can do for like $500??

You can get every damn MS cert out there without spending a whole lot more than the cost of the exams, you just need to be good with computers. If you're not just naturally damn good on a computer then you're wasting your time anyway.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!