dunkoholic Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Hi, I was wondering if anyone can design me a box. I will be building the box as soon as i get that design. Speakers will be 2 10's polk audio MM1040 Subwoofer Size: 10" Voice Coil(s): Single (1 voice coil) Impedance (per voice coil): 4 ohms Peak Power Handling: 700 watts RMS Power Handling: 350 watts Woofer Surround: Butyl Rubber Woofer Composition: Polymer/Mica Composite Sealed Box Volume: 0.66 cubic feet Ported Box Volume: N/A Sensitivity: 91 dB Frequency Response: 24 - 200 Hz Xmax (millimeters): 25 mm Top Mount Depth: 4-1/2" Cutout Diameter: 9-1/16" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Box dimension is: Width: 49 1/2" Length: 15" Back side: 4" Front side: 7" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and it's got a little hump in the middle of the floor, maybe an inch high. I will be using an 600watts hifonics to push them. Thanks in advance... The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
dunkoholic Posted October 22, 2009 Author Report Posted October 22, 2009 ttt The Project!! 1954 Trunk Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Daily!! Head Unit: Alpine 9883 Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508 Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500 Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903
kl0wn Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 I know there's tons of people on here that design box's for a small fee, and from what I've heard a few that'll do it free, just give it some time for one of them to see this 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
Maxim Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Wait, so it's a wedge kinda thing that's gotta fit underneath your bench seat? Ooh. Sounds like fun. I can work on it tomorrow. I'd do it right now, but it's almost 4 in the morning. So tomorrow afternoon I'll fiddle around with the design. Also, just a few quick questions. Ported or sealed? And if it's ported, what would you like it tuned to? If you have no preference on tuning, I usually just do 35-38 hz. It'd sound pretty good on a pair of 10's. I can go lower/higher if you wish. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Maxim Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Oh shit. Super tight fit on these woofers. Mounting depth of 4 1/2 inches. My design gives you about 5.2" of depth for the woofers. Good news: they'll fit! Bad news: none yet, except that hump's a bitch. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Maxim Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Oh shit. I lied on the ported/sealed thing. The box I made is 1.27 cubes before displacement of the subs. It'd be 1.5 cubes if that damned hump weren't there. It's got to be sealed. There's just not enough volume to port it. I'll toss a few pics up here of my design. One little thing though: Is that hump in the middle a full inch? If it's 3/4" or less, I can just do 1 layer of MDF to clear it. Right now I have double-layered 3/4" MDF on the bottom in order to clear the hump. Other options incluse using 1" MDF or doing double-layered 1/2" MDF. Both would work. EDIT: No, wait, it wouuldn't help to use 1" or double 1/2". It'd decrease the total internal volume. Your best bet is probably to go with my design. EDIT 2: Just thought of this now. I looked at the pics again and realized the subs have to be flush-mounted into the baffle so they don't hit the seat. More calculations FTL. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
raytard Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 ever consider just building it to fit? cardboard trace the 4 vertical sides so you get the contour of the humps and whatnot, build it out of wood, (keep in mind a 3/4 in baffle will be ontop, and the subwoofer/surround, so only build it high enough to allow you to drop that ontop without rubbing) set it in, glass the bottom, fill it with peanuts to see how much room ya got, and go from there. if its alot, port it with some 2-3in aeros going forward (im assuming sub up), if its small just throw a baffle on it and call it a day. if you wanna get fancy make a tub in the center for your amp, if not throw it under a front seat. tadaaaaa. issue with someone just designing it for you is if it doesnt quite fit the contours and such, youre back to doing it this way anyway.... Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Maxim Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Ray's got a point. This thing is literally being wedged under the seats. Pun intended. Lols Anyway, the glass on the bottom would be a good idea. It'd save more space, and it'd be a custom fit. I'm almost done, so I'll throw a few pics up here so you can decide. EDIT: GAH!!!!! Flush-mounting the subs to the baffle means you don't have enough depth to mount the subs. Fuck it. Glass this bish and get it over with :censored: wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Maxim Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 Well, at least here's the design I had going. 1.27 cubes sealed. 3/4" MDF. Had to double-layer the gap to be able to clear the 1" hump in the middle. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
z71kris Posted October 22, 2009 Report Posted October 22, 2009 glass bottom FTW...thats how I fit 15's there... 03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.