korey_hofer Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 thats explains the stiffness of materials. not the sound of materials as your woofas are beatin against it. birch sounds hollow where as mdf sounds a little bit deeper, i guess depends on the thickness. i dont use anything under 1" mdf so....... if your box sounds hollow you have more problems than the material it's made out of you need to make the box dead and mdf is denser so it becomes dead easier but trust me none of my boxes sound hollow and I have mdf and birch boxes right now hell I even have a 1.25" sided sealed box made from plywood and it is 90% dead previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
kingsuv Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 2 layers mdf you will have a much stronger box if you use birch and not mdf I will never use mdf again double layer where you can resin and matting (resin alone does not make box stronger) then test it if it has any flex use wooden dowels to brace it I havn't needed bracing in 4 years because of using birch and double layers I use Birch and will never go back to MDF Interlock all the joints like in the pic. Brace and Resin the inside and rhinoline the outside. You would be good to go. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
B Slaps Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 they do make HDF high density fiberboard. wenn i wasent talking about my box sounding hollow. i am speaking from hearing someone elses birch box from outside the vehicle. I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores! SMD SUPER SELLER my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/ more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/
korey_hofer Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 exactly I have never seen any one who has used both say oh I will never use birch again it's always the other way screws hold much better you get actual saw dust not the dust mdf gives off which it very fine and can screw up your lungs I plan to do a test with different types of wood as soon as I can get a t lab and rta to show exact differences previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
B Slaps Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 bottomline its all personal preference. im not knocking either material. I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores! SMD SUPER SELLER my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/ more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/
tripleb45 Posted October 24, 2009 Author Report Posted October 24, 2009 they do make HDF high density fiberboard.wenn i wasent talking about my box sounding hollow. i am speaking from hearing someone elses birch box from outside the vehicle. I have heard of hdf so how does that compare to the two?
B Slaps Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 I have heard of hdf so how does that compare to the two? idk ut here is your explanation. Hardboard, also called high-density fiberboard, is a type of fiberboard, which is an engineered wood product. It is similar to particle board and medium-density fiberboard, but is denser and much stronger and harder because it is made out of exploded wood fibers that have been highly compressed. Consequently, the density of hardboard is 31 lbs. or more per cubic foot (500 kg/m³)[1] and is usually about 50-65 lbs. per cubic foot (800-1040 kg/m³). It differs from particle board in that the bonding of the wood fibers requires no additional materials,[2] although resin is often added. Unlike particle board, it will not split or crack. It is used in construction and furniture. Hardboard is produced in either a wet or dry process. The wet process leaves only one smooth side and dry processed hardboard is smooth on both sides. I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores! SMD SUPER SELLER my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/ more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/
korey_hofer Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 well the last time I used hdf I was 12 but I hated it chipped very easily and would not hold a screw to save it's life I don't recommend it at all but that was a long time ago previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
zfrerichs Posted October 24, 2009 Report Posted October 24, 2009 HDF is hard to find and you will pay for it.... i have used both birch mdf maple oak i like the plywood but to me it seems i have to double up everything to make it as strong as 1" or 1.5" mdf i like how light plywood is but its harder to work with in some areas. Roseville, CA
tripleb45 Posted October 24, 2009 Author Report Posted October 24, 2009 still stuck in between mdf double stacked and birch.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.