I woulda gone 32 bit. No point going 64 bit if you only have 2gb of ram, you're literally gaining NOTHING due to the fact that you can already address all of the memory, and you're getting any complexity/oddities of the 64 bit OS. The rest of the stuff (DEP and such) is relatively trivial compared to the driver issues you may encounter on 64 bit...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I woulda gone 32 bit. No point going 64 bit if you only have 2gb of ram, you're literally gaining NOTHING due to the fact that you can already address all of the memory, and you're getting any complexity/oddities of the 64 bit OS. The rest of the stuff (DEP and such) is relatively trivial compared to the driver issues you may encounter on 64 bit...

Too late for that. But it runs dang good. As a matter of fact, I'm posting from it right now! It's awesome. I like the looks.

Anyway, I'm downloading the needed files such as Adobe flashplayer. I had some problems loading the forum, but it fixed itself after an update. Right now all the banners at the top are fuxxord up, but I haven't refreshed since i downloaded flashplayer. I haven't had one problem yet, but I'll let ya'll know if I do.

EDIT: banners work now. Not sure what I did, but all updates are now download (holy S, it's fast at teh downloads).

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Honestly, if you have a 64-bit processor, you'll notice the general windows core will run faster under 64bit, and if the programs you use have 64bit versions they'll run better than just normal 32bit.

<I.T Manager, Web Application Developer>

No Stereo Equipment... yet...

Honestly, if you have a 64-bit processor, you'll notice the general windows core will run faster under 64bit, and if the programs you use have 64bit versions they'll run better than just normal 32bit.

<I.T Manager, Web Application Developer>

Awesome. Thanks man. It definitely runs better for only 2 gigs of memory.

Thanks for all the help guys.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

I agree with BOON. But eitherway, Win7 is an excellent OS, you'll be happy with what ever you choose.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I agree with BOON. But eitherway, Win7 is an excellent OS, you'll be happy with what ever you choose.

Yeah, I'm a happy customer.

*patiently waits for new software for wireless USB dongle to come out to promptly ditch the cord* :search:

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Windows 7 is pretty sweet...

I am also using the 64bit version of Windows 7 but I also have 8gigs of ram that is why I went 64bit.