Sundown Audio

Need feed back on stetsom 14k2d

M.O.E

i am buying a stetsom 14k2d and i was wanting to see some feed back on it. So does anybody have any feedback about this amp?

it does 16,800 rms at one ohm

and it'll be hooked up to two 18 inch audioque's in a honda accord in a wall... (yes its a copy of steve's civic in a way)

but then im going to be hooking it up to 4 18 inch subs of some kind.

Im looking at audioques, fi audio's btl, and the digital design's z95 series, and even cactus sounds 18 inch subs.

so feed back would be loved lol

I don't think you'll find many people who have actually used them.

I have 2 10kd's and they're pretty mental. What can I really say about them... they make a shitload of power, don't bother loading them down below 1 ohm, no bass remote is a mixed blessing, no surplus crap on them, just gain, LPF and SSF... they're raw and brutal. They get kinda warm at times but that was running it at 0.7 nominal with epic voltage drop.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If you're planning on running it for daily purposes I'd look for different amps to make that amount of power. They aren't the best daily amps, especially the 14k2d. If you don't know what you're doing(sometimes even if u do lol) then you will only have major issues in the long run.

To the OP - Do u have any sort of idea what kind of amperage this amp pulls @ 1ohm?? Do u understand what sort of electrical it takes to run that amount of amperage daily and how much it costs?? Are u truly expecting a pair of HDC3s to be ok with that sort of power?? Do u really think that amp will make exactly 16,800 watts @ 1ohm?? Have u ever run anywhere near this amount of power in the past?? Have you ever build a wall before??

Honestly this is one of those things that is "if u gotta ask these questions, are u truly capable to do a build of this nature"

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If you're planning on running it for daily purposes I'd look for different amps to make that amount of power. They aren't the best daily amps, especially the 14k2d.

Please elaborate? I see this rumour bandied about quite often, what's the basis of it?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I also want to know why you can't use this amp daily...

Yea me too. I run this amp daily, all my Maryland Team mates use it daily. There are a hundred or so of these amps here in cars now BANGING away.They do have a big consumption of power but as long as you have the battery to support it this amp is great for daily. In the beginning of Stetsoms existence here in North America people were trying to use the 7kd's on one battery....poof....up in smoke. When those guys first got their amps I had been using them in my car daily for over a year with NO problems. I am the first person to use these amps in North America and the first to take them to Finals. I still have those amps with the factory fuses in them and they work fine. I just removed them from my xterra this year to use the 14k2d's. Two 14k's make the same number as 4 7kd's. Well, .2 louder. I am the North American Sales Rep for Stetsom and since I took this post last summer I talk to everyone that I can to make sure that they can support the amp. If you have any questions on this amp or any in our line (52 amplifiers) you can email me @ [email protected] or call me at 443-623-4952.

Steve

North American Sales Representative

Stetsom Electronics USA, Inc.

12 Volts Baby!!!!

Team Stetsom USA

Team Stinger

Team RENOTS

Db-Drag World Finalist 05,06,08,09

Maryland State Record Holder 05,06,07,08,09

2009 Certified Score 161.0 Db-Drag SS 1-2

NSPL Maryland State Record 06,07,08,09

443-623-4952