New H/O alt or big battery?

Voltage dropped tremendously off of 3k watts on stock alt, maybe a hair under 12. It runs 1200 watts with barely any drop at all. What would be more worth while, new 250+ amp alt? or a BIG battery in the back. I understand my alt is going to need to charge this battery. would a new alt keep it at least in the teens? I plan on gettin some of both soon but what would be a good start so I could at least run it for a little while.

Advice please

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

get both, but be sure to get the alt first

X2 that -

I have a 200 amp alt - with only one battery -

With the Hellfire on the way, I have to make room for a second battery aswell -

H/O alts w/ Dual Batts = Niaaace :D

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

get both, but be sure to get the alt first

Agreed, especially if it's a daily driver and you aren't just burping the car. What 3K amp are you running in it?

Oh yeah..... dcpowerinc.com for all your alternator needs. They are one of the best in the business and will hook it up proper.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Guest DC Power Rob

Both, most definitely.. One isn't any good without the other... Whatever car you have, we can build you the biggest, baddest, meanest and best alternator you can get your hands on...

And Zach, your's is almost done btw... :)

Both, most definitely.. One isn't any good without the other... Whatever car you have, we can build you the biggest, baddest, meanest and best alternator you can get your hands on...

And Zach, your's is almost done btw... :)

This is the man you want to talk to about your alt needs. Probably one of the nicest guys I've ever talked to. He builds beast alternators. I can't wait to throw 10K watts at mine and see how steady that voltage sits.

Off topic question Rob, am I going to need a different size belt for the new alt since it's going to have a bigger pulley?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Yea I figured I would need both. So one without the other is kind of useless? Are there any good deals on batteries or alts at the moment? I'm thinking maybe buying used batteries but unsure as to what alt to get.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Guest DC Power Rob
This is the man you want to talk to about your alt needs. Probably one of the nicest guys I've ever talked to. He builds beast alternators. I can't wait to throw 10K watts at mine and see how steady that voltage sits.

Off topic question Rob, am I going to need a different size belt for the new alt since it's going to have a bigger pulley?

Yes, you will need a new belt.. I would send you one, but since I dont have the car here, I'm not quite sure how much longer you will need... :(