Sundown Audio

Anyone have experience with DD's Z1?

tristan560

was thinking about it. never got a response from him yet.

they are good amps no doubt as long as you be easy on them and watch them.

not an amp that i trust to just hook up and throw in a tight spot and never check on. if that makes sense. B)

to be honest, i don't know 100 percent which one they are.

i do believe they are the original z1 though, before the z1a or b.

regular z1 not a or b

mine was benched at 4977 at .7 on a 12volt system

it does get hot and shuts off in the summer but amp also has no cooling other than heatsink if you add a fan it should help alot I ran mine at .35 daily for 3 weeks no problems

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Model Input Sensitivity Tested Voltage Power @ 4 ohm/ ch Power @ 1 ohm/ch Dimensions- cm Dimensions- Inches Shipping Weight

The Z1:

Z1................0.2V - 6V......................14.4.................750 W......................3000 W................61 L x 30 W x 6.6 H.....24 L x 11.75 W x 2.625 H...35 lbs

The Z1A:

Z1a..............0.2V - 8V......................14.4.................1250 W.....................5000 W...............68.5 L x 30.4 W x 7 H...27 L x 12 W x 2.76 H.........43 lbs

I wouldnt buy a Z1 in new condition and never taken out of the box, let alone used condition.

As for a Z1 doing 49XX watts at .7ohm on 12volts, I dont see happening, must of been a Z1a? Because the z1 only does 5krms on 16volts.

Besides from the differences in wattage, there is a difference in weight and size. Just another way to tell them apart.

As for a Z1B, there was rumors of replacing the z1a with the b, but I dont think it ever happended and became a z2 prior of DD having the z2lv and the z2hv

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/amparchive.asp

Edit: Another easily way to tell the z1 and the z1a apart is the terminal cups for your power speaker wires.

The z1 had black plastic terminals, while the z1a had gold plated terminals under clear plastic.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

id wait for the saz4500 better efficency and my buddy runs a 3000 at .5 ohms all day. the z1 is only 76% efficent :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag