I ended up getting the Blackberry Storm 2 today and with only having the phone for less than 5 hours so far, its been a great phone. Its everything I wanted in a blackberry and more, just a shame it took two tries to get it right. So far I will say they nailed it. This is the phone I expected when I bought the storm 1, and after getting the storm 1 i was severely let down. The piezo tech in the screen is wicked cool too, it clicks and moves down a little when the phone is on and when the phone is off the screen is solid.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

what problems did you have with the storm 1.... i never heard one complaint about it... im about to ditch my voyager in a couple months for it... contract is almost up...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

what problems did you have with the storm 1.... i never heard one complaint about it... im about to ditch my voyager in a couple months for it... contract is almost up...

Froze all the time, restarted often, dust under the screen, required battery pulls to keep it going smooth, screen seemed to get lose and wiggle in a clockwise motion, way slow compared to the 2, not very fluid on tilting from landscape to portrait, pictures seemed to freeze the phone, battery life was horrible and I'm sure i'm missing some more lol. I'm particular to what I buy, and when I spent $400 on the storm 1 i was expecting a phone that didn't struggle with many simple tasks.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 1 month later...
Guest Scylloga
Froze all the time, restarted often, dust under the screen, required battery pulls to keep it going smooth, screen seemed to get lose and wiggle in a clockwise motion, way slow compared to the 2, not very fluid on tilting from landscape to portrait, pictures seemed to freeze the phone, battery life was horrible and I'm sure i'm missing some more lol. I'm particular to what I buy, and when I spent $400 on the storm 1 i was expecting a phone that didn't struggle with many simple tasks.

Not to rezz a old topic but. Did you ever update to a "beta" release? I had major problems with my first storm until I upgraded to a hybrid release. then the screen quit working properly. That was all within the first two months of having the phone. I received a replacement from Verizon and haven't had any problems since. But I never used the original os I always used a hybrid until 5.0 was released.

I had the original storm, the day it came out i got mine... i had the same issues, took it back 2 months later and they replaced it with the one i have now and its been running smooth since.. i upgraded to the new software they have for it, and it runs even better now!

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 1 month later...
I ended up getting the Blackberry Storm 2 today and with only having the phone for less than 5 hours so far, its been a great phone. Its everything I wanted in a blackberry and more, just a shame it took two tries to get it right. So far I will say they nailed it. This is the phone I expected when I bought the storm 1, and after getting the storm 1 i was severely let down. The piezo tech in the screen is wicked cool too, it clicks and moves down a little when the phone is on and when the phone is off the screen is solid.

Thanks for the review I am looking to get a storm 2 as my curve 8330 is dying lol, do you still like the storm 2 being that its like 4 months since you posted?

/////ALPINE

66473.gif

I have a storm 1 on 5.0....328, and it runs pretty well, I want to see the storm 3, it should be 4g compatible when that come rolling out....

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill