(3) Battery wiring

Hey Team, Im upgrading my electrical this evening I got a 240 Amp alt. and 2 Duralast gold 1000 ca 800 cca 115 reserve batteries up front and a Kinetik http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7324_K...C+KHC+600-.html in the rear of 2001 Tahoe.... how do i wire it up the "RIGHT" way ?

Edited by Dee in Dallas

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

Wire all of the positives together and wire all of the negatives together and ground one of the batteries to the frame..

yep, pretty simple. then run wires off the back battery to your amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im thinking something like this..

wireh.jpg

i assume the grounding of the battery in the back is optional, my setup is similar but i dont have a ground going from the front to the rear and the rear battery is grounded.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

yep, pretty simple. then run wires off the back battery to your amps.

dont forget to put two fuses on the positive wire . one after first batt and one before second batt that way if wire grounds out it wont cause a fire cuz its still got juice

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

With that much alt id run 2 runs of 1/0 to the back along with 1 run of ground and ground engine to chassis, battery to engine, battery to chassis and alt to front + battery. Run 1 positive from the alt to the back battery with fuses and another run to the front battery fused if you prefer and from the front battery run that positive to the back fused. I would also ground the back chassis to the frame rails both front and rear as you can never have enough grounding.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2