Second Skin Audio

how strong is fiberglass??

As long as it's thick enough, it should. But it would have to be thick. Check Tim-ay's section for tips and tricks for working with fiberglass.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I would think that would take a ton of glass just to support the weight of those subs let alone the air pressure they'll create. Good luck tho.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I want to build a huge fiber glass box and see if it will hold 2 fi btl 18s with 2 aq2200's anyone tried fiberglass with big subs does it hold up???

Fiberglass can be strong depend how many layer of matt and resin you add on it. I wouldn't try to do this because it costs alots of money on materials..

I wouldn't do it just glassed, unless you've got some sort of box/frame holding it all together. Just glass trying to hold those two subs in with that kind of power's gonna need a good deal of bracing. Good luck though!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

it can be as strong as you need it to be... it just takes many many layers...id say your going to need a few 5 gallon buckets of resin and a truck load of fiberglass matte.... it would be way way way cheaper to use wood

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

it can be as strong as you need it to be... it just takes many many layers...id say your going to need a few 5 gallon buckets of resin and a truck load of fiberglass matte.... it would be way way way cheaper to use wood

ya wood is definately the way to go with bigger subs and it is definately a lot cheaper.

if i was u ied build 5 sides of the box n just mold the front how u want with fiber glass, tim put nylon rope in his box to help strength wise, ied atleast try to get it 1/8 thick or more

why i say he put rope cause it helps conture to curves n add structural integrity too, ied make some rings, n then put supports to em to back of box n then go from there

just make sure its alteast 1/8 thick with a good base print, when i fiberglass i go fleace, resen, mat, resen, mat, resen, mat n then resen n should do fine, i unno how many layers but just make sure theres not many if any bubles in ur resen when it cures or u'll halfto build that spot up

anyways good luck wit this

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif