i would love to go, and i personally went to check out the school but i dont have that kind of bucks!

besides you cant just get hired from any shop and get paid, i believe you need to be certified or something so then can hire you

Best Buy requires MECP certification I believe. I don't know how involved the test is to get certified. I do know study guide books are $30 for basic and $50 for advanced and the exams cost from $60-$125 depending on what certification you want. Has anyone here gotten that certification?

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

damn...id love to go...just not sure its worth the money...i feel like i could get on at a shop and get the same experience while getting paid

You do learn a lot of fabrication at any stereo school. Most of them do not spend much time on the bread and butter that you have to do day in and day out. Problem is when you get your diploma most shops are leary about taking on apprentices. Too much liability if you break something. My opinion would be to try to get on as an apprentice, learn your basics, get paid, see if it's something you like, and if you want to stick with it then head to just school for the Fab courses. That way you can spend about half the money on schooling, and use the rest for a nice toolbox and all your fabrication tools.

LoL Looked Into This And I Really Want To Go!!! But Its Alot Of Money En IDK If I Can Get A Grant Or Loan For It!!! I Kno They Have A Payment Plan Depending On Credit!

Im Turning 18 next Week And I Plan To Look Into It More I Really Want To Go =D, En Maybe Open My Own Shop One Day!!! Or Work For Dedicated Custom Auto lol!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

I heard that Installer's is not worth the money at all, especially not in our current economy. I know sum people that went there who told me that they did learn a ton from there, but most of it was Installers for the most part don't make alot of money, the owners of the shop that charges $60+ per hour does. 10 grand+ for a 10 week course for almost any field IMO is a fucking rip off, especially this one where things like installing and fabrication work can be learned by working at a shop to begin with.

You actually are getting paid working at the shop, learning all you need to learn and get the know how to pass your MECP cert. This is exactly how myself and alot of others out there did it. There are even less jobs in the CA field now than there were before the economic downfall. Car audio for me and most of us is just a hobby that we enjoy being a part of and is something that we'll make sum extra money from also.

To the OP - Try to find a job at a local shop helping out to start there and taking tips from the guys doing the installs. Watch how they do things and the techniques they use to do from anything from fiberglassing to alarm/car starter installs. I did installs for a couple years when I still lived in NYC and prolli 75% of them were alarms, starters, simple HU or speaker installs, and basic single amp/single woofer installs. So if you're picturing doing massive fiberglass work or 6 15s + 10k watts every day, then I'd reconsider. If I were in your shoes I'd use that money to either attend a regular college or even a trade school for something like an electrician/HVAC/etc.

I know you prolli love car stereos and that's what you wanna do for the rest of your life but for 99.9% of us that all felt that way, it's not how it works out. Hey man I tried to be as honest as I could with ya and hoping that you don't just jump to conclusions with important life decisions.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

dont forget, there is also Mobile Solutions here on our site. He is one of the best of the best. Look into what he has to offer. Look up at the very top of this page and hit the link.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916