Sonic Electronix

alterntive from dynamat if you got no money

i have a 1993 civic and i wanted to show all the guys out there that may be like me that spen money on audio equipment but has no money left for dynamat or peel n seal etc.

im sure everyone hates the loud unessecary rattling in the trunk. i have a solution.

what you can do until you get the money to afford peel and seal or dynamat etc. you can put carboard between the trunk and the hing.

heres a pic

my 15" sub rockford fosgate p2

lanzar vibe 430 4 channel amp 800w

1104091843.jpgw1280.png

heres the hing on my trunk with cardboard between it

1104091845.jpgw1280.png

i havent gotten to the trunk latch but im gettin there i recommend to put 9it there also temperarly

1104091845a.jpgw1280.png

other side

1104091845b.jpgw1280.png

Sicc 2 Sicc

SMD FOR LIFE

have you tired facing the enclosure towards the rear instead of up?

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0

* Big 3: Rockford 1/0

* Enclosure: Idyllic

An even better alternative than cardboard. A mouse pad cut to what you need. You can find these things all over the place (I've got 3 right here).

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

don't mean to thread jack, but if you get camper tape from your local auto store, you can line the trunk lid where it comes in contact with your trunk seal on the car body and that tightens up the lid alot too. Better seal too if you get it centered over the factory seal

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Most trunk cars do not have a problem with tha main trunk hindge like the one that is pictured. "rattle" is two solid object moving and coming in contact with each other. The solution, is simply to hold the two objects together OR push them apart. Your hindges are not moving because they (should) be tightened down and secure. Where I've found most the rattle is where the thin sheet metal skin of the trunk comes in contact with the "frame" or "brace" just underneath the skin. If you look closely you'll see stock foam between these two surfaces but unfortunately they never planned on there being hundreds of watts and tons of acoustic energy impacting the surface so you need to beef it up. I've found that mouse pad works great in tight gaps, chunks of kitchen sponge works in larger gaps (and behind license plates) while expanding foam applied properly works best regardless of size. If your loop is adjustable make sure it as far away from the latch as possible to get an even tighter seal. Lastly your rubber trunk bump stops may be adjustable by screwing in and out, the compination of the moved latch holding the trunk lid down and rubber stops pushing it up makes it MUCH stronger than "stock"

I know I've kinda gone on a rant but these are all very cheap very effective ways to cut rattle in a coupe or sedan without buying deadener.

:D

:yahoo:

-Drew

Archived