Second Skin Audio

12's ported vs 15s sealed

I cant decide on what would be best for what i want out of a system.

i had 2 15s ported but thought it could of been better,

so i stepped down to 2 12s ported while i worked out a better box for the 15s.

Then i started to think of other options of setups, I thought about 12 10s sealed the 8 12 sealed and then settled on doin 4 15s in a sealed enclosure with 2 cubes atleast per sub.

today i took my 2 12s, mojos in a ported box to 35 hz, and put in a box for my audiopulsle axis 15s in an old sealed box. I was dissapointed in the lows of it but it did to better on bass above say 40~45(guessing).

So what i want is a box that will get down super low, and still be able to play the higher bass.

Would 4 15s sealed get as low as 4 12s ported? I know it will do better on higher bass than the 12s.

subs are undecided just yet. but im lookin at subs with high bl, big xmax, and low fs

I always say ported over sealed due to output. I think you wanting a wider frequency range of bass could be easiest attained with sealed but I think it could be done with the right subs and a properly tuned box.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

do a bandpass box they have a bigger bandwith so youll cover move of what your looking for that or you could do a bunch of subs but port it,just most of hte time you cant get lows and higher bass notes but with bandpasses there a lil more frequiencies you can have

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

i was told before that a smaller ported box will do better on the higher notes, but how much will that effect the lows?

for bandpass, i have been playin around with some, but i dont really have an idea how to build them. I might not have the room either.

i was told before that a smaller ported box will do better on the higher notes, but how much will that effect the lows?

for bandpass, i have been playin around with some, but i dont really have an idea how to build them. I might not have the room either.

ive always used smaller ports for better lows im not a huge fan of high bass so idk on that part but bandpass are better for that just you need more room bandpass will get you louder if there done right there simple to design and build if you know what your doing i havent learn to design bandpass for my self tho but if you have to do a lil smaller set up to do a bandpass i would it will get you just as loud or not louder

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

i see on here talking about a 3 to 1 design or 4 to 1. is that just the ported box is three times the volume of sealed?

i started to think about maybe a sixth order with a single 15 to try it out, but in reading that they are horrible on music.

sealed 15's will get LOWWWWWWWW, ported 12's well have more overall output though, obviously this all depends on the subs and the power

I was i bit more satisfied with my sealed 15s in my car today on the lows, but they dont get super low like i like. i had my windows down and my windows and doors were flexin a ton. I like being able to get down to atleast 20 hz. for more feeling than hearing though.

I was i bit more satisfied with my sealed 15s in my car today on the lows, but they dont get super low like i like. i had my windows down and my windows and doors were flexin a ton. I like being able to get down to atleast 20 hz. for more feeling than hearing though.

yeah but then again the bigger the sealed box the lower it will typically get, atleast thats how it was when i went through my boxes on my cvr's my ported box wont get as low but still is MUCH louder in overall output

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

i see on here talking about a 3 to 1 design or 4 to 1. is that just the ported box is three times the volume of sealed?

i started to think about maybe a sixth order with a single 15 to try it out, but in reading that they are horrible on music.

4th and 6th orders are great on music htere some of hte best ive heard im in the middle of building up a truck with 4 18's in a 4th or 6th order bandpass (depending on the room we have) me and bossgator are working on his truck and its going to be tuned low but there great on music from what ive always been told 4th orders are for getting loud and 6th orders are great on lows