(updated)1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24(new Box Pics)

i was going to ask i mounted the amp on some 5/8 plywood strips so it wont be directly on the carpet so air can flow underneath it. do any of you guys think i could put like some leds under the amp so light glowed out from under it should i just leave it alone.;

holla

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I think you should leave it alone..... Plywood boxes look crappy, so there's no point to using LED's cause it'd just look dumb

BUT if you were to wrap that box in carpet or something, and get a nice carpeted floor to match (you may already have one), then it would look nice and then the LED's would be a great addition.

MDF boxes can look awsome naked if they are sanded well and stuff, but to be honest, a box made out of plywood looks kinda crappy, so you should carpet it.

I'm not trying to be negative at all, I'm just saying don't bother with the LED's until you clean up the rest of the install.

I'm sure it pounds tho, and good job on building the box and mounting the amp there, it looks nice :)

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

GP has a cavi z24 too. the buick is his DD. that amp rack is lookin good tho. no need to raise it up, it'll cool just fine as is.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

GP has a cavi z24 too. the buick is his DD. that amp rack is lookin good tho. no need to raise it up, it'll cool just fine as is.

i already raised it when i started the install and a quick question for u sean i rewired the subs to 4 ohms stable and now the subs hit alot fu**ing harder than before i get so much trunk flex its crazy the change in my change basket inside the car rattles and the change bounces everything moves flexs it is amazing from these old tens. why do you think it hits harder it must be getting more power from than the way i wired it before right?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

• 2 weeks later...

heres the new pics of my mdf box tell me what ya think for the first one if built out of mdf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wood pieces cut

Posted Image

port painted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

old and new "new one looks hell alot better imo"

Posted Image

"steve meade" terminals the best i love them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

heres some more pics of some old boxes ive done and the new is in with the old ones the one on the top is my first box with pvc pipe ports

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

check it out and tell me whatsup?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

It's lookin pretty good there man. How big is the box?

it 38 inches wide 11.5 high 14.5 deep

and it is heavy as hell but i havent got to play the subs yet cause i punctured a hole through the surround and i need to get some rubber cement to fix it do you think that will take any performance out of that sub since the surround got torn even though you cant see it unless u get up real close

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

it 38 inches wide 11.5 high 14.5 deep

and it is heavy as hell but i havent got to play the subs yet cause i punctured a hole through the surround and i need to get some rubber cement to fix it do you think that will take any performance out of that sub since the surround got torn even though you cant see it unless u get up real close

As long as you use the right glue for the repair you should be good to go. Try and glue the backside as well. It won't look pretty when your done but it beats replacing one.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived