Both amps have blown up, no idea what's going on WTF!!

Definition of Insanity - Trying the Same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My insanity has finally paid off, the free amp is in my possession, probably get a vid of the first amp on a pair of subs tomorrow, than get the second amp in there and run 1000 rms to each T1!!! Hopefully i can figure out how to upload the vids lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I love MTX customer service. Too bad they're too expensive for me now.

They also have a similar warranty on their superwoofer series of subs.

If they blow for any reason, They'll replace them with new units, free.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

I love MTX customer service. Too bad they're too expensive for me now.

They also have a similar warranty on their superwoofer series of subs.

If they blow for any reason, They'll replace them with new units, free.

My amp wasn't under warranty, i was originally paying them the first few times to fix it but after that they started using it as a guinea pig to test out new components. I got the amp for free because they felt bad for my troubles. I was thinking about running their new 8500 square subs but i haven't heard back from them on pricing yet.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

My amp wasn't under warranty, i was originally paying them the first few times to fix it but after that they started using it as a guinea pig to test out new components. I got the amp for free because they felt bad for my troubles. I was thinking about running their new 8500 square subs but i haven't heard back from them on pricing yet.

Never personally been a fan of MTX or their products, but sounds like a pretty stand up thing they did for you. It's amazing how much customer service not necessarily the product can get and keep a customer for life. I'd almost rather have a company I can call and deal with directly over some issues than having a product that I have one issue with and have to go through the ringer to get resolved.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

So all this was over the course of like 4 months? Yea, I wouldn't have the patience for that...

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Never personally been a fan of MTX or their products, but sounds like a pretty stand up thing they did for you. It's amazing how much customer service not necessarily the product can get and keep a customer for life. I'd almost rather have a company I can call and deal with directly over some issues than having a product that I have one issue with and have to go through the ringer to get resolved.

As long as this second amp stands up and does work i'll be psyched about MTX for life. I'm surprised i've been getting the treatment i've received so far but i'm more than thankful, kept me in the bass world instead of dropping it until i had money for a new amp.

So all this was over the course of like 4 months? Yea, I wouldn't have the patience for that...

I didn't think i would either, neither did my family or friends, i'm quite the stubborn, hot headed individual. But in this case my stubborn attitude about not giving up helped me, also the fact they said they'll fix and ship the current amp for free and give me a second at no charge once i'm satisfied, really concreted me into making sure i was patient lol.

Haven't had much time to install the second amp. Had snow wheelin on saturday with about 10 other rigs, today was monster truck show by The Amp Tour, tomorrow is school and rebuilding my blown axle, tuesday work and class project, wednesday is more class, thursday could be a good day lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

cool deal you got going now with MTX, hopefully everything works out, and you get to get some good poundage!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

cool deal you got going now with MTX, hopefully everything works out, and you get to get some good poundage!

I just hope they are willing to keep playing ball with me. My T1s are only just starting to smell horrible after i play them for a while but i'd like to get something a bit beefier. I'll Probably end up going with DCs at some point but right now i'm broke lol. Would have put the amp in today but the weather is not pleasant and homework is kickin my butt. Once i get everything straightened out i'll get the amp in and some videos up. Plus i've been meaning to contact Thor and get out to his house for some demo time, who knows when that's gonna happen lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

So i'm outside shoveling my driveway and warming my truck up. Decided to listen to some beats to pass some time and turned it up just a smidge, no where near normal daily play. Just about finished with the driveway and the system cuts out for a few seconds, the alternator whines like it's being taxed harder than usual and than the system comes back on. All the windows and doors shut i start to smell burning electrical. I thought it was the alternator but smelling the grill area i couldn't smell anything. Than i realized my IPOD was playing and the cd player couldn't have skipped. Opened the door and i was bowled over by the smell of melted amp internals. For some reason the amp still had output and the subs were still pounded, but that's happened before too. Shut everything down and called MTX. "This is really unexpected" was the reply i got from the engineering department while on the phone with them. I get told to just throw the other amp in and they'll ship the broken one back. Can't wait to see how long the twin to the blown amp is gonna last since it's an exact replica. I think i may be going insane finally.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived