The biggest problem with the 5 speed auto tranny is the driver. What is funny is that 95% of the population has no idea how a tranny works and has no idea what it means to properly care for the tranny...and of course the truck get's the grunt of their stupidity.

right but car makers make sure their tranny can handle the stupidity of the majority of the population. with the magnum, they didnt so you have to be really careful with it and understand it. if the magnum has autostick, never use it even if you know how to use it just dont. it may be that 95% of the population may not know how to care for a tranny and abuses it, but the majority of the population isnt stuck on the highway cause their tranny went out on them in their cars. its a poorly built tranny and you basically have to be extremely careful which can be a pain in the ass. both cases that i have heard of have been water related so basically never take your car to a car wash, wash it by hand cause i think thats how my friends magnum was fucked in the middle of the highway. if you plan on getting one i highly suggest you look at 06 model magnums.

No offense mang, but if the transmissions were that bad why is there only 1 case listed on NHTSA? I can say that back in the day dodge was known for poor transmissions, but that was because they outsourced them to mitsubishi. Since DC went away from mitsu, they have had the same quality of other auto makers, but people that have no experience with them, tend to only remember the bad.

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:

CHRYSLER / 300 2005-2006

DODGE / CHARGER 2006

DODGE / DAKOTA 2005

DODGE / DURANGO 2005-2006

DODGE / MAGNUM 2005-2006

JEEP / LIBERTY 2005

JEEP / LIBERTY 4X4 2006

JEEP / WRANGLER 2005-2006

Recall Number: 05V460000

Summary:

ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, SPORT UTILITY AND PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 42RLE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE CUP PLUG THAT RETAINS THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT MAY BE IMPROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THE SHAFT MOVES OUT OF POSITION, THE VEHICLE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE 'PARK' POSITION.

Consequence:

IF THIS OCCURS AND THE PARKING BRAKE IS NOT APPLIED, THE VEHICLE MAY ROLL AWAY AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TRANSMISSIONS AND INSTALL A BRACKET TO ENSURE THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT IS RETAINED IN THE PROPER POSITION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 28, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Notes:

DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. E14. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236; (TTY:1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

...so after i pull my toys up and over the high sierras, i pull my trailler out to the Nevada desert. when i get to the desert i un- hook my trailler, and then take my 5-speed automatic 2 wheel driive out for a nice cruise in the Dunes!!!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

its not a dodge tranny its a mercedes e class tranny and i can tell you from a first hand experience that the mercedes tranny sucks

just googled magnum transmission issues and alot of people have the same issue

http://www.dodgeforum.com/forumid_97/tt.htm

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_710880/tm.htm

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f7677/0

Hemis do great fish tailing burn outs in the chargers :-D

Posted Image

Hey I cant start any topics, can someone start a topic on Cinco De Mayo, cruises, and pictures???

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i have driven the srt8 version and also the 5.7 hemi and both cars are amazing...I would defiantely rec. you to get one...My friend has one with the 5.7 sittin on 22's and it has 50,000 miles on it and he hasnt had a single problem....just maintain it like your supposed to and you will be fine...including servicing the tranny ever 20000 miles

yea i drove the srt8 jeep (which also uses the same NAG-1 tranny as the magnum) and it was an amazing drive plus the sound was to die for. i mean dont get me wrong theyre nice cars but the tranny on them always makes me skeptical. if youre going to get one then just make sure you maintain it correctly, never take it to an automated carwash and dont play around with the autostick and you should be ok

my uncle has a 5.7 with a chip, intake and exhaust also on 22's and he always uses the auto stick...i am not really sure though if he has had any problems but i know he loves it and constanly uses the auto stick but like i said no idea if he has had any problems...i dont think so though

its not a dodge tranny its a mercedes e class tranny and i can tell you from a first hand experience that the mercedes tranny sucks

just googled magnum transmission issues and alot of people have the same issue

http://www.dodgeforum.com/forumid_97/tt.htm

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_710880/tm.htm

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f7677/0

I read through those threads above and about wet myself laughing at lack of knowledge on them boards. Here was the solution they found.

-------------------------------------

Problem: ESP and BAS lights on

Fix: Replaced the Steering wheel angle sensor. Replaced SAS

Problem: Transmission shudders/vibrates

Fix: ***UNDER TSB 385 WP40***

Replaced filter and o-rings

Replaced o-ring adaptor plug

Replaced filter - transmission oil

Replaced oil - automatic transmission

Replaced hose - 1ft. fuel and vapor

T-Conv Shudder: flushed transmission, replaced filter and tube seal, then road test.

During transmission diagnosis - noticed rear differential leaking fluid. Replaced ALL seal, axle shaft oil as per TSB 385 WP40. Axle seals leaking, R&R Rear Diff & replaced axle seals.

-------------------------------------

The service manager told me the rear axel leak was causing the vibration. He also said they replaced the torque converter? I never found that in any of my paperwork...

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Archived