Rockford head units

wilesH3

I've heard rumors the the Rockford decks were just rebadged eclipse decks, but in my experience the rockford decks exceeded the eclipse decks

Hmm. Not too sure about the newer models, but I know that the older ones, like the one in my pic, were actually manufactured by DELCO. Although they were far from an OEM radio :P

I bleed coffee

They were a Denon if i recall correctly.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted - 03/15/2008 : 07:47:59 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 8000 series were made by Delco and had a patented digitally aligned tuner. This series also featured the remote with the "Diamond R" switching function. It was said internally that we were wrapping a $20.00 bill around each one as they left the factory. The 8140 is arguably the best source unit ever made (yes even better then the best Alpine ever made) because it was the first source unit to feature a switching power supply for the PREAMP section. Richard Clark designed it and patented it for us.

The 9000 series were made by Hyundai that had much improved cosmetics. The pricing was much more aligned with the market and finally became competitive.

However, as creativecaraudio stated ... Rockford Fosgate is known better for its amplifier, subwoofers and competition signal processors. We also had no satellite tuner in the works, which became a no-sell to dealers that still wanted to carry the line.

Companies can make awesome products - but they have to be aligned with the market's demands in order for it to sell. Rockford Fosgate source units were awesome - there just wasn't a huge demand for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric Russell

Rockford WebWizard

Yes, we did have (2) source units made by Denon. They were special edition Japanese source units labeled as the Platinum 9000 series. Obviously they were only sold in Japan.

Eric Russell

Rockford WebWizard

It wasn't an "amp on a chip" circuit.

We took amplifier technology and applied it to a source unit. By using a torroid transformer we stepped up the battery voltage to a higher rail voltage. This is exactly the same concept used in all RF amplifiers. In comes 12-14 volts, you then use a transformer to step-up the voltage, then run the output stage of the amplifier circuitry.

Eric Russell

Rockford WebWizard

thats what i found

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I stand partially corrected. Them damn japs always get the good stuff. ( no disrespect intended to our japanese brethren)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 5 years later...

Archived