Speakers make loud popping sound upon turn on

Alright so Im going to try to describe how this mess is wired.

He has 4g wiring from the batt to his alpine amp in the back. It is fused and is grounded to his frame.

This is the part that confuses me because I didnt help wire this.

He has a Power/Ground wire that is going from his fusebox in his jeep to a Directed 4 channel amp. I guess the wire he has going to this 4 channel is a 2 in 1 wire? I told him we should just run some more 4g to that amp but he insists that it worked fine before the subs were put in. He also has the remote wire going from his radio to the Directed amp and the alpine amp connects to the same remote wire.

When he turns on his radio, it has alot of static sound and when he turns his volume down to 0, it makes a pop sound on the subs and the speakers in the car.

If you have any questions on how it is wired, let me know.

Really want to figure this problem out asap.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

so when did it start doing this? and the popping noise just when you turn it down or off? hooking the remote turn on from one amp to the other is not the problem could be the rca's check them for proper connection and why didn't he run 1/0 to the back and a distribution block with 4 guage out to the amps? also where is it grounded make sure its grounded to the body not the bolts to the seat bracket's or any thing like that. good luck :good:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Yea we were thinking it was the deck too. I believe its an old pioneer deck.

It only makes the popping sound when turning it down to 0 and back up to 1.

It makes the static sound no matter what the volume is at.

We didnt use 0g because it is a very small amp goin to the subs, less than 1000w.

We are going to try my deck in his car and see what happens. Any other ideas?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

i had same problem... wasn't ground... i changed rca's... wasn't rca's... replaced deck = fixed problem

saame thing happened to me. i checked everything as well, couldnt figure it out. it was a pioneer deck to, an older one. as soon as i got a new one. problem fixed

Yea we were thinking it was the deck too. I believe its an old pioneer deck.

It only makes the popping sound when turning it down to 0 and back up to 1.

It makes the static sound no matter what the volume is at.

We didnt use 0g because it is a very small amp goin to the subs, less than 1000w.

We are going to try my deck in his car and see what happens. Any other ideas?

ground your RCA's on the deck and it should fix the issue

Archived