Second Skin Audio

Blow through

hey guys i was just wondering how hard it is to do a blow through, and if you would recommend that i do it or if i should have a shop do it? I mean ive built lots of boxes before and many installs. but im not sure on this... if you dont think i should do it how much roughly would it cost to do a blow through box that is 8 cubes?

hey guys i was just wondering how hard it is to do a blow through, and if you would recommend that i do it or if i should have a shop do it? I mean ive built lots of boxes before and many installs. but im not sure on this... if you dont think i should do it how much roughly would it cost to do a blow through box that is 8 cubes?

cake walk.

http://www.trucknvans.com/CRL-Slider-to-Sl...-p/ed5381rl.htm

above is where you can get the boot to seal it. measure 10 times, then cut. commit to it, once you do it, you will have a hole in your truck for good. but I absolutely love the room I kept in my cab considering I have 4 12's slammin back there. If you have some common sence, a few tools, and arent scared, I say git er done. You can do it!!!! lol

I cut my hole in the cab half an inch bigger all around to make up for movement being that I bolted the box to the bed and frame. this gives the flexibility you will need. keep lots of silicone handy. the more you use, the smaller chance in leaks. drop a bead in the seal channels before you snug up to the sheet metal. and be liberal with it around the outside of the seal as well. if you are not using a tono? cover, fiberglass your box to water proof it, then seal the hell out of it everywhere it meets up to the sheet metal in the bed. you want to keep it from going in between and going through the seal to your cab.........cant think of anything else. any questions, feel free to ask.

post-24685-1257983475_thumb.jpg

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

cake walk.

http://www.trucknvans.com/CRL-Slider-to-Sl...-p/ed5381rl.htm

above is where you can get the boot to seal it. measure 10 times, then cut. commit to it, once you do it, you will have a hole in your truck for good. but I absolutely love the room I kept in my cab considering I have 4 12's slammin back there. If you have some common sence, a few tools, and arent scared, I say git er done. You can do it!!!! lol

I cut my hole in the cab half an inch bigger all around to make up for movement being that I bolted the box to the bed and frame. this gives the flexibility you will need. keep lots of silicone handy. the more you use, the smaller chance in leaks. drop a bead in the seal channels before you snug up to the sheet metal. and be liberal with it around the outside of the seal as well. if you are not using a tono? cover, fiberglass your box to water proof it, then seal the hell out of it everywhere it meets up to the sheet metal in the bed. you want to keep it from going in between and going through the seal to your cab.........cant think of anything else. any questions, feel free to ask.

man thanks that was nice to hear! I appreciate your input alot.

Its a single cab s-10 so its porbly what i will go with, unless i can put 2 bucket seats and have room to put a 6-8 cube box in between.. which i doubt.

man thanks that was nice to hear! I appreciate your input alot.

Its a single cab s-10 so its porbly what i will go with, unless i can put 2 bucket seats and have room to put a 6-8 cube box in between.. which i doubt.

I had a 2.5 cube box sitting around that fit between the buckets in my silverado nicely.. but even at 2.5 cubes it was a pain to reach the stereo and i had to jack my arm way up to put my elbow on it.

Just do the blow-through, you'll be happy you did and will get a lot of bwildered looks from people who don't know anything about such things.

I had a 2.5 cube box sitting around that fit between the buckets in my silverado nicely.. but even at 2.5 cubes it was a pain to reach the stereo and i had to jack my arm way up to put my elbow on it.

Just do the blow-through, you'll be happy you did and will get a lot of bwildered looks from people who don't know anything about such things.

lol yea I think ill go with the blow through... but im goin to do a lil more research on it and i have to get the funding together...

just curious though how much would an audio shop charge to do such a thing?

in my town i was quoted 1600, witch was way to much IMO. so i did it myself.
that price is more than adequate if you think about the time invested and materials. dont forget the shops liability for any leak after. 50 to 75 per hour labor etc etc etc. but that is why if you are confident then DIY if not pay some one for their skills.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

yea that does make sense, but this was just to cut the hole and put the boot in and thats it. i would understand if it was to cut everything, make the box, and get it all together but idk. I would say do it yourself if you think your quoted to much.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

yeah my local shop wants $600 just for the labor of cutting the hole and putting the boot in... i would still have to pay for the boot

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?