DC Sound Lab

so when he tunes it at 40 and bangs on it at 30hz wil lthe tinsels be covered under warranty when they snap from overexcursion?

I dont know i personally have never broke a lead on any of my subs and i would like to say i play them hard. and if anyone ever demoed in my truck know i play 30 hz for a long time. I think if you are breaking leads your tuning is not the problem.

the xls will be really nice an they do get loud an low even off small power lol there great best subs i ever owned so i dont think u will be dissapointed if you get them or how much u looking to spend bc for some time now i was thinking of selling mine for the right price

Thanks for the offer but it's a B-day to myself and I'm going totally new for these bad boyz :spiteful:

th_140x100square.jpg

okay so what is better ALL AROUND for tuning 35 or 40? There's only like 2 songs I like to use to show off flex, well two that I can think of. Young Jeezy - Put On and Lil Wyte - Hoods Run Down <--- that one drops pretty low. Would 40 be able to go down to about 25 or whatever the box is tuned at you can generally only go 10hz below?

it can play it but its generally not great for the sub to be played below tuning like that i believe that note on hood run down is like 19hz, in a 40hz box i would learn what the subs gonna do at what volume before i just slammed on something that far below tuning

The issue is not playing (below) tuning.

It's playing below the F3 point.

the F3 point Is dependent on box volume

most people with recommended box sizes have a F3 point of roughly 6-7hz below the tuning FREQ.

Now it is possible to build a box with an F3 point of well below 10-12hz of the tuning FREQ

Any speaker manu will tell you that playing below the F3 point is dangerous.

Can it be done by someone who knows what to listen for? Yes

So for all you guys that dont fully understand enclosure design.

F3 means the point at which you are 3db down from tuning in freq.

say you tune to 40hz most likely the F3 will be 35hz ish'

playing below that will cause the woofer to unload, basically there is no back pressure.

The sub sees a hole in the box, and looses control.

And if we tune to say 32hz in a large box IE:(flat) we should be able to get a F3 of near 21-22hz but in-turn we will see a huge imp. swing.

Kind of give and take.

my .02

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The issue is not playing (below) tuning.

It's playing below the F3 point.

the F3 point Is dependent on box volume

most people with recommended box sizes have a F3 point of roughly 6-7hz below the tuning FREQ.

Now it is possible to build a box with an F3 point of well below 10-12hz of the tuning FREQ

Any speaker manu will tell you that playing below the F3 point is dangerous.

Can it be done by someone who knows what to listen for? Yes

So for all you guys that dont fully understand enclosure design.

F3 means the point at which you are 3db down from tuning in freq.

say you tune to 40hz most likely the F3 will be 35hz ish'

playing below that will cause the woofer to unload, basically there is no back pressure.

The sub sees a hole in the box, and looses control.

And if we tune to say 32hz in a large box IE:(flat) we should be able to get a F3 of near 21-22hz but in-turn we will see a huge imp. swing.

Kind of give and take.

my .02

while i understand that, and im sure some of the respondants do as well, i doubt that the original poster knew anything about f3 so i fail for not breaking it down like you did.

If clay says. 40 it should be good but the 1st question I ask somebody before I build a box is do you listen to chopped and screwed and normally the answer is yes all the time so I tune to 32 however if they say no never I will tune to 40 but it also depends on certain factors like how big the box is and what power they are running.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

it can play it but its generally not great for the sub to be played below tuning like that i believe that note on hood run down is like 19hz, in a 40hz box i would learn what the subs gonna do at what volume before i just slammed on something that far below tuning

The One I have off the CD, the lowest note is 16Hz, and I generally dont like to play it full tilt.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.