DC Sound Lab

Okay, hope I give enough info b/c I'll be heading off to sleep land in a few. I have a saz-3kd for power, currently running 2 15" Type R's. Looking to replace them with the same size. I really want a lvl5 but will 3k be enough to get it real loud? Or should I be more specific.....Is that enough power to be as loud as if not louder than my 2 r's? I know I'm losing cone area but gaining a way better sub. Or would 2 xl's be a better choice? I'm really looking to get a good bit louder. If you tried the lvl 4xl and lvl5 i'd definitely like to hear from you. Thnaks to all those that may reply before I get back.

th_140x100square.jpg

well i havent used the xls or the 5s...but i had two 12" alpine type Rs on my jl 1000/1. i went from that to a 15" level 4...it was A LOT louder than the type Rs.

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

I've used the 4xl and the 5 and I'm assuming this is a daily driver with the occasional comp and in that case I would do the2 4xl 15s thatwould probably be the best setup I liked them both and up to 3000watts the 4xl will probably be louder than the level 5 all things being equal .

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I've used the 4xl and the 5 and I'm assuming this is a daily driver with the occasional comp and in that case I would do the2 4xl 15s thatwould probably be the best setup I liked them both and up to 3000watts the 4xl will probably be louder than the level 5 all things being equal .

I agree with that 100%. Also being a guy who has ran both, i had better results with the XLs over the lv5 with 3000 watts per sub daily, bassrace, phychlone, and db drag.

Okay THANKYOU to everyone who made comments, @oldschool yea you hit it on the head, daily driver sorry guys didn't mention that earlier. Okay so it seems the XL is more along the lines of what will suit my needs. I was thinking the 2 XLs, lol I was just hoping (even though I knew better) the Lvl5 would not be much louder if louder at all than the 2 XLs. Just trying to get myself to get the lvl 5 really for the wow factor but not practical b/c I can't afford 2. Sorry I know this has been asked many times but whats a good tuning for the 2 15" Lvl4 XLs? I was thinking 35 to pick up lows and highs, how does that sound?

th_140x100square.jpg