Sonic Electronix

I'm about to go completely batty....

I'm 99.999% sure I know whats causing the issue here...but I just want to run this past some of you guys.

Heres what I have

System

HU

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

Amps

Fosgate p450.4

Fosgate p600.1

Comps

Fosgate t162 (front)

Fosgate t169 (rear)

Subs

Fosgate 12" P3 (two)

Car Electrical

Stock Charging system with some extra chassis/engine grounds (5 to be exact)

Ok, let me start at the top....My '00 eclipse gt had the factory Infinity sound system when I got it. I pulled the HU and put in the Pioneer. I even got the special wiring adapter so my after market HU would plug into the factory amp. Everything was fine. About 2 months later I drop in the p600 and the 12's. Everything seemed 'ok'. Maybe there was a little rubble from the subs when I was changing tracks on the HU. But nothing to write home about.

About a year later I got my p450 and comps. Here is where the trouble started. I had a wicked ground noise and it seemed to be coming from the front RCA on the HU. So I just by passed that output at the HU and just used the pass-thru on the amp to run the fronts...but even now I get an annoying ground noise once in a while and the subs 'hum' even when the HU is at zero (volume off).

All my pos and neg connections are soldered where they have ring-terminals. The I'm not sharing a ground for the amps (I was and it did the same thing then too). And those grounds were sanded to bare metal.

So, my question is...could it just be the HU that is no good????

turn the preamp output off on the HU and see if the noise is still there

Well even if the noise is gone all his music will be too so what's the point :01nocomment8so:

Probably popped your fusible link. Try ground the shell of your RCAs, there's various guides around the internet.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Well even if the noise is gone all his music will be too so what's the point :01nocomment8so:

Probably popped your fusible link. Try ground the shell of your RCAs, there's various guides around the internet.

b/c if the noise is ogne when the preamp outputs are off then you can pretty much figure out that something is wrong w/ the headunit, im not sayin drive around with it off

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

turn the preamp output off on the HU and see if the noise is still there

Sorry it took so long to get back to this....

I can't (unless something with a different label does it) just turn off the sub pre-amps. I do have an option to turn off the subs in the audio menu (if thats what you're referring to) but it still does it when I have the subs "turned off". It will stop of I unplug the rca's....lol so I'm pretty sure its before the amps. But This is why I wanted to bounce it off some other minds. I'll see about pulling the HU tonight and see if I can swap some rca's around and...I have some other rcas that I can run...just in case its the actual wiring.

No, I got what he was getting at. I'm not sure if you're fomillure with pioneer head units, but in the audio menu, after the EQ settings you have subwoofer settings. And one of those settings is 'off'. But I still get the rumble from the subs when a CD is playing. So, the subs on or off from the HU they still make this noise....WEIRD. Oh, also..I'll try to get some video of it. Just try not to laugh at my junk....Its still under construction. (not really, it ill just be pulled apart)

NOTE

I have found that it only does it when I'm playing a CD. Radio or aux in puts do not have this issue.

like already stated try grounding the shell of you rca's. pioneers have issues with that. ground loop crap can be weird. in my old truck it only did it when i was charging my ipod with the cigarette lighter outlet lol. but you already said it does not do it with the rca's unplugged. so try grounding your rca's first, if it still does it try another pair of rca's.

Edited by lance_aka_64

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

like already stated try grounding the shell of you rca's. pioneers have issues with that. ground loop crap can be weird. in my old truck it only did it when i was charging my ipod with the cigarette lighter outlet lol. but you already said it does not do it with the rca's unplugged. so try grounding your rca's first, if it still does it try another pair of rca's.

Sounds like a plan to me.

if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground. if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash. with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's. this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground. if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash. with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's. this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter.

Interesting....This would explain a lot actually. Everything was working fine and then it all kinda went to shit. But I do have the HU grounded through the antenna and the chassis. So that could very well be the problem. so tonight I will ground the rca's for sure!