Sonic Electronix

Getting my wall built in about a month...

Since i dont have the tools or the skills to work with wood im just gonna go get my wall built. I checked with the shop ive gotten a few speaker boxes built an he said it would be $400-$500. Its a lil more then i expected but since i cant do it myself i have no choice. Im wondering if $400-$500 is a little much or what i should expect, Theres a few more places i can check

The wall will be for 4 15's in a 07 Suzuki Forenza

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I'd actually be rather worried that a proper wall build will only cost $400-500 from a legit shop... I'd definitely get the exact details of what the build will entail (ie. wood, baffles, sealing methods, bracing, resin or glass being used at all, etc). I'd also ask for as many prior pictures of wall builds that they've done. Because a quality wall build from a legitimate shops will usually be over a grand. This is because the labor alone of shops will well surpass that cost alone(to dissasemble, measure, cut, mock-up, build, fully seal, attach baffle and then finish if you want one). Then u gotta put in the cost of build materials and other hidden fees that most places will charge(be sure to look out for this). Haven't even put in the cost of actually installing everything yet either which will have to be done also.

The shop I used to install for would start our builds at $800-1000 depending on installer(s) for basic install, sealed shell, bracing, resined interior and baffle unfinished. That was more along the lines of a small car w/ like 2-3 15s or something of that nature and from that point on it would go up in price. Then if there was any sort of clamshell, diamond, etc different sort of wall build or TL testing, wall finish, amp racks, glass work, etc price would go up pretty quickly from the base.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'd actually be rather worried that a proper wall build will only cost $400-500 from a legit shop... I'd definitely get the exact details of what the build will entail (ie. wood, baffles, sealing methods, bracing, resin or glass being used at all, etc). I'd also ask for as many prior pictures of wall builds that they've done. Because a quality wall build from a legitimate shops will usually be over a grand. This is because the labor alone of shops will well surpass that cost alone(to dissasemble, measure, cut, mock-up, build, fully seal, attach baffle and then finish if you want one). Then u gotta put in the cost of build materials and other hidden fees that most places will charge(be sure to look out for this). Haven't even put in the cost of actually installing everything yet either which will have to be done also.

The shop I used to install for would start our builds at $800-1000 depending on installer(s) for basic install, sealed shell, bracing, resined interior and baffle unfinished. That was more along the lines of a small car w/ like 2-3 15s or something of that nature and from that point on it would go up in price. Then if there was any sort of clamshell, diamond, etc different sort of wall build or TL testing, wall finish, amp racks, glass work, etc price would go up pretty quickly from the base.

The only thing i need done is the bare wall and for it to be sealed off. Im tearing the backseats out,fiberglassing and installing the subs, amps etc. myself. the only thing i need them for is anything that has to do wit cutting wood and installing it etc.

Its a good shop thats been around for awhile so i know the quality will be good. i just need to make sure i know what all is gone be included in that price before i do it.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

When I would do big builds for customers I used to tell them to save sum money they can ask how much wood/what type will be used, amount/type of screws/nails used and what other materials. Then when they got the general info to bring the full sheets, boxes of screws, etc and request to pick up the remainder of each when they finished the build. If not my shop would charge 2-3x what each material cost to the customer. Certain installers though, like myself would take the cut if someone would go out of their way to bring the materials themselves. Check with shop and installer(s) that will be working on your vehicle though. If they will be using a large amount of material then this is a way to keep cost even further down, as long as they are cool with it.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

When I would do big builds for customers I used to tell them to save sum money they can ask how much wood/what type will be used, amount/type of screws/nails used and what other materials. Then when they got the general info to bring the full sheets, boxes of screws, etc and request to pick up the remainder of each when they finished the build. If not my shop would charge 2-3x what each material cost to the customer. Certain installers though, like myself would take the cut if someone would go out of their way to bring the materials themselves. Check with shop and installer(s) that will be working on your vehicle though. If they will be using a large amount of material then this is a way to keep cost even further down, as long as they are cool with it.

okay ill definetly check into that. im gonna also make sure i have plenty of wood for bracing if they dont. any idea of how long build time would be from the day he starts? ill be carless for awhile lol im gettin anxious for this i hope its worth loosing my backseats

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

I am paying about $850 for my wall for 2 lvl 5 18"s in my crown vic. That includes connecting all the amps, batteries and isolators and all the fuses and 0g. Although the mounting of the amps and batteries is temporary because I am fiber glassing the entire interior of the car so they are just making a temporary wood rack. They are welding braces to to mount it, using glass in the box and everything done the right way. Also giving me a deal cause I just gave them $3500 to bag my car. I cant wait for mine. I'm waiting on dc for the subs.

Edited by The Big Chris

In all reality $400-500 isn't bad at all if you know they are doing quality work. but for the $400-500 you would spend on that why don't you just buy the tools you need to do it and give it a try. In the long run will save you money instead of paying someone else to do it time and time again. Just a thought though.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

i would expect double that. I dont think that much would cover much more than materials in a big build.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.