Sundown Audio

anyone run with audioque 3500's

steven

lots of things.

you would need a separate system for your car (18 volts will usually fry you ECU, window motors, headlights, etc)

or you would have to regulate all of the car's power back down to 14 volts

you would need a "16 volt system" alternator

you would need 16 volt batteries

those are the most BASIC things you would need

this is all stuff that you would not want for a DAILY application.

a 16 volt system is like riding around with race gas in your geo metro while just driving back and forth to work.

lots of things.

you would need a separate system for your car (18 volts will usually fry you ECU, window motors, headlights, etc)

or you would have to regulate all of the car's power back down to 14 volts

you would need a "16 volt system" alternator

you would need 16 volt batteries

those are the most BASIC things you would need

this is all stuff that you would not want for a DAILY application.

a 16 volt system is like riding around with race gas in your geo metro while just driving back and forth to work.

got you, so all that but to make it easier, just keep a 14v battery for under the hood and make sure I get a regulator for the current?

got you, so all that but to make it easier, just keep a 14v battery for under the hood and make sure I get a regulator for the current?

its a 12 volt battery :rofl:

and yea the clip light is a nice feature. i've owned all of the AQ amps.

Well I have decided that AQ is the amp I am running with I am selling the Hifonics now. Dam I wish I had 4 of these. But ok run a 12 v battery under the hood and a couple of 16 v batteries and 2 16 v alternators. Thanks man I appreciate it.

don't attempt it. i promise it will not turn out good if you don't know what you are doing.

I am watching this same amp. I am thinking about running 4 to 6 of them depending on how many BTL's I decide to run. lol Are they .5 ohm stable and are they strappable?

They are very nice amps and realistically could charge much more than they are for them and still sell plenty... Yes, you could run them at .5ohm daily but then say goodbye to a warranty and hello to more amperage being pulled for not much more power. I don't get why everyone all of a sudden is trying to run amps below their ratings. Just get the correct VC config on the subs you're planning on getting or spend $100 for a recone to a different VC configs. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than running a much higher risk of burning up a $600+ amp.

Also regarding your 16v inquiry, I think Brewer explained it right on point and his last piece of advice I'd stick to... Or if you do plan to go the 16v route then PLEASE have someone install it that has a good amount of experience in that field.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

They are very nice amps and realistically could charge much more than they are for them and still sell plenty... Yes, you could run them at .5ohm daily but then say goodbye to a warranty and hello to more amperage being pulled for not much more power. I don't get why everyone all of a sudden is trying to run amps below their ratings. Just get the correct VC config on the subs you're planning on getting or spend $100 for a recone to a different VC configs. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than running a much higher risk of burning up a $600+ amp.

Also regarding your 16v inquiry, I think Brewer explained it right on point and his last piece of advice I'd stick to... Or if you do plan to go the 16v route then PLEASE have someone install it that has a good amount of experience in that field.

That is exactly what I had in mind. I don't plan on running these babies at .5 ohms. I just wanted to know if they could be ran that low. Honestly if someone wanted to I would like to also know what is the big deal about .5 ohms. I just don't get it. And again I am having professionals install my stuff and I will be right there learning, but I at least need the right materials. Hell I wouldn't need 6000 watts ran to any of my BTL's I just like the possibility of the amps. So I would most likely be running a 14v system or 16 v system.

Archived