Second Skin Audio

RE XXX (old style) anygood ???

jazza02

well if i can get 143.3db of the eclipse and 1100rms in a 1.3cuft box tuned to 27hz i cant see why i can get over 145db with a 2.5cuft tuned to 40hz or so. even when i got roughly 1500rms behind the XXX .

But i can get 150db if i wanted to i just need to find the frequency of the car and make a box to suit it.

Also some XXX speakers would go great with it :P

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

tune the XXX a little lower, prob 35 40hz tuning is a misuse of that sub imo lol

hmm i wouldn't really know how to modify my plans to make the box 35hz as i got the box plans sent to me via DD phil .

how come it is a misuse of the sub at 40hz ??

Audio helon 4ch amp

well it has an fs in the upper 20s

oh damm. well i will have to build a box tuned to 35hz lol

do you think it would be worth getting ?

Audio helon 4ch amp

but even if i can find a really dirt cheap new style XXX on here i might grab it depends on if it would come under $500 or not.

Or if all else fails just get a DD 3515

Audio helon 4ch amp

im not positive that an RE XXX will break 145, unless you have it tuned higher than normal application (generally boxes are tuned 28-40 hz for daily drivers, and 40+ for competition). you could always use interchangable aero ports to have a low tune for daily then have a much higher tuning for competition, but im still not sure you'll be breakin 145 on the TL with the comp. port.

lance2.png

im not positive that an RE XXX will break 145, unless you have it tuned higher than normal application (generally boxes are tuned 28-40 hz for daily drivers, and 40+ for competition). you could always use interchangable aero ports to have a low tune for daily then have a much higher tuning for competition, but im still not sure you'll be breakin 145 on the TL with the comp. port.

damm that really sucks.

cause it was

either one of these subs

DD 3515

DD 9910

RE XX12

Audio helon 4ch amp

But i can get 150db if i wanted to i just need to find the frequency of the car and make a box to suit it.

It ain't quite that simple cobber :P

Look into an Atomic AP12 or APSPL12. I'm pretty sure they're easily available in Aus.

Otherwise I could get you in touch with the NZ distributor for Sundown, Fi and AA. Shipping might be a bit of a bastard but he could probably have it sent direct...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i completely disagree with that comment.

i've broken a 145 with a single 12" RE SE. its POSSIBLE with a XXX.

i love these subs and wish i wouldn't have gotten rid of mine.

this isn't a sub that i would buy to ONLY get loud with though. it is a great daily sub for SQL

Archived