Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

6 or 8 18" BTL's in the suburban


tripleb45

6 or 8 18" BTL's in the suburban  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I run 6 18's or 8 18's in the Suburban? Why?

    • 6 18's
      19
    • 8 18's
      51


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is simply to help me make up my mind a lot faster so I can start heading towards my goal. Ok I have a 1994 Chevy Suburban and I am getting ready to start my build. I have 5 BTL's and I am not doing an odd number of subs, just my preference. I just want to know the most popular choice and why.

This is my last thread about my build until I get my pics on here later this week. Please keep it positive. Oh yeah for all those that don't know Fi is almost at a 1 month stand still so if you order your subs today, there is a possibility that it may take close to a month to get them. Please don't hassle them they are moving to a new building.

Posted

question is do you have the room? and do you have the power?

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Posted

i would run 6 18s in a clam shell.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Posted

if you got the $$$ and the room.... do 8 of them...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Posted

Well, if you have the funds for six, you might as well go ahead and get eight! IMHO I assume you have plans worked up for both setups?!? Go with what you think will work best, I vote 8 18s!!!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

Posted
How much room do you have? And you're gonna run a 3500 per BTL?

For the space where the 3rd seat used to be it is 54 1/2 inches length from back door to edge of the mini cliff, 55 1/2 inches wide when I remove the spare tire :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: and the tool deck and about 43 inches tall. Yes I will run 3500 to each BTL but it wont be pushed to 3500 more like 3000-3100 watts daily or if I feel the need to turn it down or up I will. But def not trying to kill my babies by doing 3500 watts daily.

Posted
Well, if you have the funds for six, you might as well go ahead and get eight! IMHO I assume you have plans worked up for both setups?!? Go with what you think will work best, I vote 8 18s!!!

some of the ideas

4 in a wall

44.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

I am thinking if I could scale these down if I wanted to do 8 in walls I could just double these.

6 in a wall

6wall.jpg

8 in a wall

55.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5966 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...