Sonic Electronix

is 155.1 db ok for about 5K watts

That seems pretty small for 4 18" HDC3s, especially off "only" 1500w or less per woofer.

I've seen B&K meters be off by as much as 3-6dbs so I wouldn't say "at worst he'd do a 152.1"

I agree it's a pretty decent score on 5-6k watts but with that much cone area I'd expect at least that.

There really are very few quality shops around now that actually take pride in their work and it's actually pretty sad... I'm also SHOCKED that any "regular" vehicle would lose that much going from dash to kick. Obviously it will happen with purpose built SPL vehicles that are built to meter at the dash but never seen a regular setup change that much.

That just sounds really suspect and seems like they just rushed through the metering session. I'd try to find someone local to you with a TL or any official comps that you can make a few runs through.

Personally I would have done 2 runs of power/ground per amp with 1/0 or 2/0... What other electrical upgrades do u currently have??

Did the shop set your gains by ear or did you set them yourself?? You can definitely increase your score by having correctly set up gains and plus be running the amps "cleaner" and more efficiently. Also with a different enclosure I could almost guarantee you would see a gain over the current one you have.

i have treo SSX 18s,,,,no i set the gains visually...i have my stock alt running just the yukon and nothing else... i have an ohio gen 240 amp alt just for the system

lol tough crowd indeed!

It looks insane up in there, I wouldn't get too caught up in the number as long as you're happy with how it sounds.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

lol tough crowd indeed!

It looks insane up in there, I wouldn't get too caught up in the number as long as you're happy with how it sounds.

He is absolutely right. For the longest time I would get mad if I wasn't doing the type of numbers I though my particular setup should do. I worked harder to get louder, but when I am just driving in the car listening I am happy. When I used to get in the lanes and lose that is what would make me work harder to get louder. Now that I am very loud for my install in the class I run, I still work harder to get further away from the next closest person. If you let trying to achieve a number get to you it will consume you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i wasnt trying to reach a point,,,in the beginning,,i told the audio shop what i wanted and they let me down ,,,twice,, i told them i didnt care about the numbers,,i wanted it to be a freak show,,,kinda like sleeper jacks system,,,i wanted it to hit nasty low,, move huge air and just totaly beat the shit out of my yukon,,,i must say that after i put the aq amps in,, it is flexing the shit out of my truck,,my little PSP camera just doesnt do it justice,,,but i was currious,,,so i went and had it metered,,, and this is where we are at,,

i do thank everyone and their input,,,i cant please everyone,,,there will be haters,,and people who are supportive,,i know its hitting hardby the way the body panels are flexing all the way around the yukon,,i can tell how it blurs my vision when im driving down the road,,,or how your nostrils stick together when breathing through your nose,,but i have nothing to compare it to,,i have not set in meades tahoe,,so i have nothing to give me a taste of what it could be doing,,or should be..

gimme a call, i'll video it and tell 'em how loud it is :)

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

i have lost mirrors,,the tv fell out the overhead console,,,my door latches are getting messed up,,,the back windshield wiper broke,,,its destroying my interior panels,,,it must be hittin pretty good

That is more indicative of vehicle build quality and vehicle bracing, plus there being a good amount of sound pressure from your system itself... Pics/vids of broken items?? I'm curious as to how it's exactly destroying your interior panels though.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived