Help, Sundown amp just cut off

Was about to give a demo and it played for like 25 sec and the amp went into protection mode, its a Sundown 3500 pushing 2 DC Audio lvl4xl18's, any one know what might have happend? Thanks guys.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

what does your electrical consist of? check youre fuses(they dont have to be completely blow to mess something up) voltage(see if its WAY below 12v) and speaker wire( see if its touching any metal).....start there

Edited by justin smith

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Thanks guys, I road over to my shop I was going to check my fuses, the one under the hood was fine, but I couldn't see the one under the box. When I went back to cut the truck on it came back on. I think it could be a few things, first I only have 3 yellow tops and no high output alt, and second I was playing the phil collins song redone by bigpimpin and I think I had it up a tad too much and thats why it went into to protect mode. Luckily I didn't fry anything. Thanks for the quick responses though fellas, and yes I am getting another alt. to add to my electrical.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

7 NSB 170 batterys

With just 3 yellow tops and no high output alt you are probably dropping into the low 11's maybe even high 10's as far as voltage goes. That is more than likely the reason the amp cut off. The protection circuit on the Sundown amps is pretty much flawless and is better than a fuse imo :) I use the protection to help me set my amps for burps. If it protects I know that I'm making about the limit of power that I can make :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Think I had a loose connection too, I went back out and it cut off again, with no lights on at all to the amp, then I reached under my box to check the other fuse and when I moved it, it came back on. Im going to try to pull everything back out this week and check connections.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

7 NSB 170 batterys

Think I had a loose connection too, I went back out and it cut off again, with no lights on at all to the amp, then I reached under my box to check the other fuse and when I moved it, it came back on. Im going to try to pull everything back out this week and check connections.

yeah sometimes at the fuse that shit will just barely wiggle lose, I can't tell you how many times someone has come to me and said my amp keeps cutting off I don't know whats wrong then I re-tighten that fuse and everything is perfect lol