post em on here. no secrets.

at the time there were. no one was building cavaliers when i raced mine. i was under contract from a few different companies and could not show it or talk about the projects. it was hard keeping it from my wife. she flipped out one day and said "what is the big deal its a cavalier". she took the keys when i was at work and drove it to the store for some smokes. i ended up loosing my contract with Racier at fullrace over it when he found out. thats why when i do builds i always throw out like 3 or 4 ideas and dont show or tell anyone what i have decided on until it is done and ready to go.

----reference's----

meade916

at the time there were. no one was building cavaliers when i raced mine. i was under contract from a few different companies and could not show it or talk about the projects. it was hard keeping it from my wife. she flipped out one day and said "what is the big deal its a cavalier". she took the keys when i was at work and drove it to the store for some smokes. i ended up loosing my contract with Racier at fullrace over it when he found out. thats why when i do builds i always throw out like 3 or 4 ideas and dont show or tell anyone what i have decided on until it is done and ready to go.

at the time?

few problems i see with this

you car has the 2.4 twin cam out of a z24

2004 did not offer a 2.4 only 2.2 ecotec (no one in there right mind would swap to a ld9)

you have one thumbnail size picture in your photobucket

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

at the time?

few problems i see with this

you car has the 2.4 twin cam out of a z24

2004 did not offer a 2.4 only 2.2 ecotec (no one in there right mind would swap to a ld9)

you have one thumbnail size picture in your photobucket

yes they would if they realised that the 2.4 had a different alloy on the block that cold with stand heat, there was more material between cylinders and they break down less often that the ecotec. i had well over 100,000 on the block when i sold it and still made 428 horsepower to the wheels. that way you dont need to get it sleeved. last time i checked i had three picture on there. only one of the motor if thats what you mean.

----reference's----

meade916

yes they would if they realised that the 2.4 had a different alloy on the block that cold with stand heat, there was more material between cylinders and they break down less often that the ecotec. i had well over 100,000 on the block when i sold it and still made 428 horsepower to the wheels. that way you dont need to get it sleeved. last time i checked i had three picture on there. only one of the motor if thats what you mean.

are you on jbody? i would love to look through your post

Please PM me thread is already derailed

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

So why after spending so much money on machining would you ditch your ecotec (that you just talked trash about) for a ld9?

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

are you on jbody? i would love to look through your post

Please PM me thread is already derailed

no i found out about it after i sold the car. once i find all the pics of the build i plan on doing a post here and on jbody. there are alot of people that want to know how i did the right hand drive conversion. it was a pain in the ass but well worth it.

----reference's----

meade916

So why after spending so much money on machining would you ditch your ecotec (that you just talked trash about) for a ld9?

once i build the eco for boost i could only get like 20 psi out of it with out more work. i had already at that point used all my resources and full race along with a few other companies wanted to explore a different route with my car. i had no choice in the matter. they took my car and rebuilt the motor for me in about 6 monthes. when it came back it was faster and made more power but with less problems. the ecotecs have alot of little problems with them. the heads HAVE to be o ringed for a great seal. the ld you can use some silicon and sewing thread to do this. and the block on the ld can handle about 600 degrees more heat. which was a major plus for me because when i had the car i lived in florida. i reall liked the sound of the ld better. to me it sounded like a old 283. the ecotec sounded like a throaty honda. it was fast as all hell but the tranny i had to use to handle the power i was putting down with the ecotec was a automatic and i wanted a 5-speed. so when they told me they would do a 5-speed conversion for me i was a little happier.

----reference's----

meade916

added

tinted tails

Posted Image

Posted Image

woots

my friend is like in love with your car because of the engine. he wants that exact engine to drop into his fiero. i dunno if you met him at carl casper he wasnt the annoying one who talked to you about golf, he was the other kid with glasses. he didnt realize what kind of car you had at the show but next time he wants to check it out if youre cool with that.

Archived